Propecia Tablet - Cutting 1mg Pill In Half

Oschene23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please could anyone help me with how to ensure an even cut of a 1mg propecia pill.

I take 0.5mg ED , as I get side effects from 1mg ED. I have tried 3 different pill cutters and using a knife and I still end up with often 0.7mg to 0.3mg cuts.

Does it even matter if the cuts are uneven?

g.i joey

Reaction score
How do you know how much you're ending up with? Get a flat surface snap the pill in half, done.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you think that your small part is 0,3mg you can be wrong. It might be even 0.7mg there cause pills where are produced are not dispensed equally. Just one pill has 1mg. thats it. Ill try to explain it for you in Paint.

On examples of 4 pills 1mg produced.

finasteride tablets.png

I am paint master :rolleyes:

g.i joey

Reaction score
I don't get why people think thendrug isn't evenly distributed? This would require more effort then mixing all the ingredients together and stamping each pill, resulting in even distribution. When I was taking .5 I snapped mine in half on a flat surface and put them both on a double decimal scale, the difference was minor. I did this with brand name propecia

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there, like joey said, the pills are made in batches, this can only be if the used powder is distributed evenly.

Does the pill not split nice and even along the cut you are trying to make?
1. make sure the knife is not too thick.
2. do a little sawing motion before cutting it so there is a small groove in the center (like breakable pills have). It does not have to go deep, then just press down, the pill should cut way cleaner.

Greetings

Jeca Tatu

Established Member
Reaction score
You can make a solution if this is a big deal for you. Just crush the pills and dissolve it in a strong spirit like vodka, then you can measure your dose on milliliters. I wouldn't even bother to filter the fillers since you would ingest it anyways.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please could anyone help me with how to ensure an even cut of a 1mg propecia pill.

I take 0.5mg ED , as I get side effects from 1mg ED. I have tried 3 different pill cutters and using a knife and I still end up with often 0.7mg to 0.3mg cuts.

Does it even matter if the cuts are uneven?
Buy a pill cutter...like $5 at pharmacy

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stachu is right, we are all losing hair because of the uneven distribution. Sure...

checkers2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Correct if im wrong please... but i would think even if A, you arent getting even cuts or B, the active ingredients arent distributed evenly you'd still be fine.

I dont believe its really crucial or matters that you get .5mg ever day. Youre taking a pill cutting it in half, eating one today and the other half the next day. Net 2 day result: 1mg. Repeat this hundreds of times. You'd probably be fine even if you cut it really bad and had 1/3 one day and 2/3 the next.

Its not each individual dose its all those doses compounded over months. In the end youre still getting the same amount of finasteride over the course of 10 days, 50 days and 500days.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Correct if im wrong please... but i would think even if A, you arent getting even cuts or B, the active ingredients arent distributed evenly you'd still be fine.

I dont believe its really crucial or matters that you get .5mg ever day. Youre taking a pill cutting it in half, eating one today and the other half the next day. Net 2 day result: 1mg. Repeat this hundreds of times. You'd probably be fine even if you cut it really bad and had 1/3 one day and 2/3 the next.

Its not each individual dose its all those doses compounded over months. In the end youre still getting the same amount of finasteride over the course of 10 days, 50 days and 500days.
is the active ingredient unequally distributed in the pils?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you think that your small part is 0,3mg you can be wrong. It might be even 0.7mg there cause pills where are produced are not dispensed equally. Just one pill has 1mg. thats it. Ill try to explain it for you in Paint.

On examples of 4 pills 1mg produced.

View attachment 47431

I am paint master :rolleyes:

Bruh I usually agree with your posts but this is 100% wrong lol (unless you can cite this with a legit study). These pills are homogeneous in nature so if you cut a 1 mg into 4ths you'll roughly have .25 mg each.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well... But my friends were working in some company which they are making some generic antidepresants drugs. And they were actually told me this....... So if its bullshit i am really disapointed then. But ill ask them again in march.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well... But my friends were working in some company which they are making some generic antidepresants drugs. And they were actually told me this....... So if its bullshit i am really disapointed then. But ill ask them again in march.
It probably has a core of truth somewhere but the main point is that it really does not matter, serum levels will be indistinguishable.

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the finasteride and the binders are not mixed "properly" (i.e. for long enough and/or with a unsuitable powder blending machine), then the uneven distribution theory that Stachu gave illustration for could possibly occur, but very unlikely and also even more unlikely to make any real difference in terms of DHT inhibition across the board.