Propecia Stopped Working At The 6th Month.

Ha9912

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I was a small kid, I've known deeply that I will grow up into a bald guy, and I've never dreamed that I will keep my hair till 25 years old. Although not all my uncles from both sides are bald, it is easy to predict that I will lose hair, as my father lost hair at the age of 22.

I was born with very thick hair and successfully kept it until last year, though my eating habits are very bad. So, Sept-2016 to Feb-2017 was not easy for me at all, I had a full-time stressful job from 9 am to 9 pm, which was exhausting mentally and physically and I believe it triggered anxiety and accordingly hair loss.

on 20th Aug 2017, I've decided that I should keep my hair until my wedding, which most likely will be the summer of next year. I did my small homework on the Internet, called my pharmacist doctor and here I start taking 1 mg Propecia, Rogaine and Priorin.

The first 3 months I shaded hair like I've never done in my life, to the point where my co-workers starting to complain about my hair falling at their desk, the thing that pushed me to trim my hair at 3. However, I kept my faith in medicine.

Months 4 and 5, I reaped the result. No more shading or hair loss. I could feel it thicker and even people start to notice that, but unfortunately my hair loss start hitting again in the 6th month, which I really couldn't explain. Additionally, I can feel my hair is much thinner like the previous two months.

I will appreciate your recommendation here, is it normal or it is not working with me anymore?

HairlineOfGod

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same, at 4th month i saw the improvements go away.

The reason was Rogaine, without noticing it i was applying a lower dosage.
Or maybe it's because you let the rogaine in a wrong place ( Too hot/cold) it can also influence it.

try to open a new bottle of rogaine et see if you keep losing hair.

soitbegins

My Regimen
Reaction score
could just be your hair going through a cycle/shed, seems unusual finasteride would only work for such a short amount of time tbh..