PROPECIA starting/stopping and ACNE

Have you had ACNE from taking/stopping finasteride

• Total voters

DrGrow

Reaction score
I'm curious to how many people have had ACNE due to taking or stopping finasteride.

Please describe your experience :)

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride actually made by skin drier, when I stopped it, my skin started getting oily again.

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
It only makes logical sense it would atleast control acne but i see no way i could possibly cause acne.

DHT has often been attributed to causing acne (in men anyway) because it stimulates the sebanacious glands to produce oil. So if you control DHT you would in THEORY:

reduce body hair somewhat
reduce hair loss caused by dht
reduce acne
reduct risk of prostate problems
probably other stuff.

I'm sure one of the self appointed doctors will attack my statements and end up looking like an *** such as Jayman, but it seems that when you are reducing dht you are basically making your body more feminine and less masculine. Since DHT is a masculinizing hormone you make yourself more open to competition from estrogen when you reduce it (causes gyno and other bad stuff).

Remember, you are messing with your hormones when you take finasteride or any anti androgen/dht blocker.

Like i said, i'm waiting for the self appointed expert.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i got acne for sure, acne on my shoulders like i havn't had in 3 years. now around my neck and mouth too. i hope it goes away! it not hideous or anything, but i didnt used to have it

DrGrow

Reaction score
dietcola.. same.

Can you tell me are you still on finasteride, and if you have stopped, how long did the symptoms persist?