Propecia + Something to Prevent Gyno?

Conpecia

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Background: I am 27 years old. I started Propecia at the age of 21, and experienced no legitimate side effects for the first 6 years, while keeping most of my hair. Unfortunately, I developed gynecomastia last year and have been on and off with very low doses of Propecia ever since. My hair has taken a huge hit the past 12 months and I am desperate to prevent further loss.

Is there ANYTHING I can take in conjunction with finasteride to prevent gynecomastia? First hand accounts would be optimal, but I'll take what I can get.

Thanks guys

abcdefg

Reaction score
I would see a Doctor or derm if you can afford it. Sucks that happened though when it was working good. Part of what makes me not try propecia it just seems over the years something bad is bound to happen and my hair while important, is not worth my health

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry if this is totally wrong but i'm sure i've heard of people taking zinc suppliments to deal with finasteride sides - could that be an option?

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
these medications for hairloss does not cause Gyno

oh yes they do!

when you take finasteride and dutasteride your body increases its production of testosterone. With the DHT pathway being blocked your estrogen also can rise. Estrogen is the main precondition for breast tissue development. Also DHT has a direct inhibitory effect on breast development, so less DHT, more estrogen, possibly Gyno. Gynaecomastia is most certainly a possible side of these drugs. this is a well established fact. you can go to google scholar and read about it. almost every medical review of gyno since the inception of finasteride will list finasteride as a possible offending medication

Here are you options regarding gyno:

1. go to a doctor, and let them treat you. chances are they will tell you to stop using finasteride. but maybe if you want to still take it you can find someone willing to work with you

2. antiestrogens. Gyno from finasteride is more than likely caused by the increase in estrogen. SERMs can prevent it from worsening and can reduce it. Aromatase inhibitors can reduce it but they show a weaker clinical effect than SERMs. beware: these are not trivial drugs. the sides are those of estrogen deficiency: possibily including blood clot, ****ed up lipid profile, hot flash, bone pain, joint pain, moodiness, low libido. you could probably get an endocrinologist to prescribe these for your gyno. but again, they might as you stop your finasteride, idk. lots of body building forums have information on treating gyno this way if you are unwilling to or unable to see a physician. 10-20 miligram tamoxifen daily worked in most guys taking bicalutimide for prostate cancer (its a stronger antiandrogen than finasteride), so it should conceivable work for finasteride gyno. i know someone with estrogen dominance who doesnt use finasteride and they prescribed him tamox.

3. DHT gel. like I said androgens directly inhibit breast development. but this one would be stupid if your antiandrogen is finasteride. like really stupid. if youd use something like RU you coud get away with this, but not with finasteride. like how dumb would this be: take finasteride to reduce DHT, get sides due to DHT reduction, take bioidentical synthetic DHT to preven finasteride sides. sadkly ive seen ppl on these forums doing this. dont be that person!

4. surgery. ultrasound liposuction works for most mild cases of gyno. or simple excision of the gland. apparently if they almost completely remove the gland chances are it wont recur. you probably already had tissue there for it to work on which formed during your fetal development or your puberty. remove that sensitive to estrogen tissue and you are protected from gyno.

5. ignore it. lots of guys just ignore it. maybe it worsens, maybe the tissue stabilizes.

J.Harrison

Reaction score
How do you know you have gyno?

If you're sure you already have it, then why are you trying to prevent it?

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How do you know you have gyno?

If you're sure you already have it, then why are you trying to prevent it?

It is not an Either-Or thing; it has degrees of severity. Gyno itself is simply glandular / nodular tissue under the nipple. Not necessarily full on b**ch tits. If you already have it, you can still prevent it from worsening.