Propecia side effects

maless

Reaction score
I am taking Kirkland Minoxidil 5% for over a year and nizoral shampoo. I also took a few months Propecia (Proscar). Had some sexual based side effects.Not very big but decided to drop Proscar. Is there something to replace Proscar without side effects? I understend it's very important to have good resullts,to use finasteride. Any advice?

Thank you

aladdin

Reaction score
If you want the benefits of an antiandrogen without the side effects the most logical choice would be that of a topical antiandrogen. Nonetheless, be wary, since some of them don't work locally but are absorbed systemically and give their benefits (and therefore their side effects) via that route: flutamide is one of them.

To make a long story short, topical Spironolactone is probably the best option as far as topical antiandrogens without systemic side effects go. However, it's not probably going to be so effective as finasteride. I seem to remember to have read that it was about half as effective as finasteride, but I don't know if such estimation is realiable.

maless

Reaction score
but i already used minoxidil 5% topical.do i use them both? does it work like propecia?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Use it after an hour or two after using Minoxidil.It is not as effective as finasteride but it is capable of maintaining your current hair condition.It hardly has any side effects apart from the odor and the greasy state in which it leaves your hair.