propecia, shedding and toppik

canigia

Reaction score
I had to check this forum for quite a while, I think this question was common but anyway here it goes: I started on finasteride before one week. before that I was using revivogen and minoxidil. I dropped the revivogen and replace it with finasteride. I apply minoxidil twice a day for the past 5 years. I also started on toppik a few days ago which does wonders for me (NW2,5). BUT i noticed a major shedding in the front hair. anyone has an idea why this happens? is it because it is a normal side effect of finasteride during its first months? OR toppik creates some kind of illusion that my hair is so thick so when my hair are without it they seem to my mind a lot worse? thanks

TooMuchMojo

Reaction score
Smearing

have you had any smearing issues with toppik. How does it hold up by the end of the day. Is it obvious? Let me know as I have heard different viewpoints about toppik.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
for me, toppik works great on the crown area. Still, you should keep in mind that it really only works if you have hair that the fibers can lach on to, meaning that if youre slick bald, it wont do anything.