Propecia: Shed Every 3 Weeks

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been on Propecia for over 4 months now and have great results. However, it seems every 3 or 4 weeks my hair gets really flat and feels thin and looks shorter instead of fuller. After that time frame (once a month) it goes back to feeling thicker and easier to comb. I always thought this was strange. Right now I'am in the flat stage again but I know it will be thicker again soon. Has anyone experianced this?

lunarjm

Reaction score
weezerboi18 said:
Hi, I have been on Propecia for over 4 months now and have great results. However, it seems every 3 or 4 weeks my hair gets really flat and feels thin and looks shorter instead of fuller. After that time frame (once a month) it goes back to feeling thicker and easier to comb. I always thought this was strange. Right now I'am in the flat stage again but I know it will be thicker again soon. Has anyone experianced this?

So are you just regrowing the same hair you had before after the shed? If so, it seems like a vicious cycle with no real progress being made. I started finasteride about 2 months ago and I have to say it seems like my hair is thinner up front. If I go through a shed and don't replace the hair, I ended up taking a pill to make me go bald faster. Brilliant.