propecia shed after one year

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
guys...desparate here, so any help would seriously be appreciated. been on propecia and nizoral for 15 months now. had a massive shed beginning of treatment and then around another huge one around month four where i was unbelievably depressed. around month 11 or 12 hair was looking AWESOME. then exactly one year in, my hair went to sh*t, and im around month 15 and my whole hairline has gone to sh*t. i am unbelievably depressed right now, is it possible to have a massive shed one year in on propecia? please help guys.

CBF

Established Member
Reaction score
i have the same problem....i shed alredy 6 months and my hair is thining...

yankee

Reaction score
Sorry to say I'm right there with you Patrik. 15 months also for me and my hair is noticeably worse. No major sheds for me. Just constant thinning. 4-5 in shower and 4-5 when I comb. Nothing is getting any better. I seem to find more stories like ours than I do find stories with positive results.

If your using 2% nizoral, try backing down to 1%. While I'm not positive, I feel 2% did make me shed more than normal.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
im really just hoping this is a shed because my hair was awesome just a few months ago, im finding that alot of people have sheds at the one year mark so im gonna try and keep fighting.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
btw yankee i never had a constant shed, just one major shed in the beginning and one four months in, and hopefully one now.

yankee

Reaction score
I'm still holding out hope that my hair will improve. Just don't know when to give up. i have another 3 months left on my current batch of proscar.

Maxifoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am in the same situation, 13 months on Propecia and 7 months on Rogaine foam and I am experiencing a crazy shed since 3 months.

The truth is that since the begining of my regimen things got worse no matter how early I caught it and at the moment I am shedding like I never did before .

I don't know what to expect but I am really afraid

Finnjävel

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm at month 13 with the big three, and I've been shedding for a while now. I can totally relate to you guys. My hair was great at about month 9-10, but it's gotten worse from that. Anyway, I'm a lot better now than 13 months ago..

bubby6

Reaction score
Ive been on propecia and rogaine for 8 months, and I had great success up to now, and Ive been noticing a seemingly large amount of shed. I can relate to you in that I have no idea what is causing this. My hairline/temples would itch and feel irritated as well as other parts of my scalp. I'm not sure if this is caused by rogaine, propecia or even Telogen Effluvium.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, can you guys who make these shedding posts give the outcomes?

It's great to get input for your problem but the thread is not as meaningful for the forum as a whole without the eventual outcome... so we can increase our collective knowledge base.