Propecia shed after 9 months ?

delta653

Reaction score
hey... been on propecia for 9months now and it stopped my hairloss but lately ive started shedding again. Is this anything to be worried about , its only a few hairs a day but i deffo notice the difference .

I am currently on 1mg a day along with kirkland minoxidil and nizoral 4 times a week

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Check SEFreak's or RSR39's story in success stories.

It goes in cycles and is normal to shed. I've pretty much continued to shed hair and only recently it has decreased but still losing I guess 60-100. If that is normal I will see in a few months/years :shock:
I'm of course scared too! But as I've read around here, any form or shape of shed is possible. Some people lose 600 hairs a day in a shed. Others don't notice a shed. Sheds aren't the evil.

Remember, the fact that you lose a hair means nothing. It grows back unless the follicle just died. Question is how thick and healthy it will grow back and how soon it will grow back. It's important how much stays on your head and not what you find on the floor. If it's really stopped your loss, why should it now stop to work? You'll be fine. Relax!