Propecia sexual side effects: are they transitory?

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
In my first month i experienced an interesting increase of my libido.

Now i've just started my 3rd month and i've lost A LOT! of my interest for sex. Sex has just stopped being an obsession seemingly. And I can't get a full erection unless i massage my thing like mad for a long time, and I can't really keep it up anyway. If this impressive loss of libido and erection power had to remain like this i'd probably stop Propecia.

Are these strong sexual side effects transitory and supposed to disappear in long term use, or not?

(I'm in my early 30s)[/b][/i]

NeedSomeHelp

Reaction score
Supposedly the sides leave after youve been on it for a while. Its an adjustment period your body goes through when you start to regulate it in a different manner than it was meant to be. Even doctors say that it doesnt last in your system forever, once you stop all sides disappear. I dont know if I agree with that because all people tolerrate the drug differently. Its your call, you can ride it out and see how your body handles it. But how is it working for you anyway?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Its totally normal and expected. Temporary increase in libido followed by a dry spell. It will even out.

HairLossTalk.com

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
try riding it out, should work, i went through an increase followed by some loss of libido. and if after too long it doesnt fade, why not try a supplement like l-arginine to boost your drive? all depends on how much your hair means to you.

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
NeedSomeHelp said:
But how is it working for you anyway?

I've also started minoxidil 5% this year. No observable change in hair loss but I've seen an impressive regrowth on the temples. Lots of tiny black hairs where there just wasn't anything anymore.