Propecia Results Sart after 6 months???

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone here taking propecia had their results start sometime after 6 months??? 6 months on it and im still thinning and wondering if all hope is lost to stop my hairloss with Propecia!!!! So any feed back is welcome! thanks guys.

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
You should wait at least a year before stopping due to 'no results'.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know that i should wait a year and that im going to do but .. i was wondering if anyone here started to have results after the 6 month period .. or has everyone started having results way before??? just curious because each month it looks like my hair/ hairline is getting thinner and thinner

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
I started taking Pro about 7 months ago. Havent noticed anything positive. Actually, hairloss has increased a whole lot. At first, lets say Jan 2004, my hairloss was only noticeable at the hairline. Now, diffuse in the horseshoe pattern w/ temples and crown in bad shape. i started to apply Xandrox 15 at night about 4 months ago. I dunno whats going. Im not blaming Pro or minoxidil. It just boggles my mind that my hairloss has sped up ssoooo much since i started treatment.

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm approaching the 6th month mark. Nothing to report and there is nothing we can do about it.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Agreed about the thinning and the speeding up, I hope the finasteride starts to show some improvement for myself as it has been around 9 months now.But alas we all have to keep our heads up.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess this indicates that hair loss i related to many factors? DHT just 1 I guess.

markelbentley: Were you a Norwood 1 and are not a 3 or something from what you describe?

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
Uhh i was probably a norwood 1.5 and now am at 2.5 i suppose. Crown is thinning as well. But there is hope yet...read about topical finasteride at regrowth.com

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Bentley you are probably going through the same thing I was, as I did post about thinning in the 7 months. While it is still true that I am worse off I can not say what may happen for me in the next 3 months that will mark my 1 year anniversary of finasteride. So while I agree it sucks to look in the mirror and see crappy hair, just realize that the magic of finasteride takes a long time.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea but i've heard of people having resutls before 6 months .... no one really having results after??? is it possible that propecia can hurt hairloss?? i know this has been asked before but im looking at pictures of me from Winter Break this year in Late December and Early January ..... my hair does not look nearly as bad as it does now!!! its only been a little more than a month.. it doesnt make sense that my hairloss would just naturally be speeding up that fast!! its never been this bad, or this fast.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
almost all results are achieved after six months, do a search for Diddy 9 and act10pak, and if you look at their photos you will see how much their hair improved after 6 months. I have heard of very few people who have had results before 6 months, some even report not having them until after a year.

calfroper55

Reaction score
I am on the some mission as you. At 9 months I have not seen any improvments and I am still losing hair..Crap

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I hear you but I guess the fact that many say it takes sometimes over a year is helpful. At this point I would love to have had the hair I had a year ago, but hopefully that will all be back and then some. If all else fails then time for minoxidil.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If propecia starts working is it supposed to bring you back to the hair you had when you started propecia??? i know results differ from person to person but what are the usual results??

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Theorhetically yes it should at least keep you where you were unless you were in that percentage that does not respond. Either way it is a drug that works very differently in different people it is because of this that it is difficult to say usual results because there are so many with different results.