propecia questions as usual

HairyN

Established Member
Reaction score
could you guys do me a favor and convince me into taking the plunge

obviously the side effects are turning me off...the thought of altering the hormones in my system is just a complete turn off...because i value being healthy (which means no foreign chemicals)...propecia is the only thing ive ever considered taking...hell i dont even take tylenol wehn i have a headache..i just sit it out

ill probably end up an NW2 with good temple recession like my father (50 right now)...i can be happy with that but you can never be too sure you know? hell both of my grandfathers are slick

I dont really have any body hair and I've heard the people with that body type usually run into good efficacy but strong side effects? can anyone using finasteride verify that?

oh yah...and some other mumbo jumbo about finasteride damaging the structure of the penis? so if you're on tthis stuff for a while you'll recover but never to your original state....obviously somethings off if this drug has been verified to cause stronger forms of prostate cancer in those who are susceptible

on the other hand...popping a pill and being done with it seems like such a convenience

my goal is to just bide my time...do whats possible and if God says im not suppose to have hair...ok dokes...so much less stress that way

Thanks guys

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairyN said:
I dont really have any body hair and I've heard the people with that body type usually run into good efficacy but strong side effects? can anyone using finasteride verify that?
That has been echoed here a few times, and two of those (out of the three I remember) who complained about serious erectile disfunction also had very little body hair.

The science behind this being that this is a sign of low natrual DHT levels (which trigger body hair growth). Since you're balding, this also implys a high sensitivty to DHT, but thats secondary. The problem is you need some DHT, you've already got the DHT valve at a trickle, and you're supressing most of that with the finasteride. It should help your hair, but definitly do routine matenence checks on your plubming, if you know what I mean.

If you do have problems, just quit and you should be fine. Just dont let it get serious and wait for your body to adjust. If 'it' stops working, quit the finasteride.

HairyN

Established Member
Reaction score
goddamnit i wanna take the plunge but my dong is screaming for his life...

G

I´m with you on that one man. I´m on finasteride right now and so far after month 1 I can say that wood still there, seemen still ... well can I say perfect without sounding gay :) no pun I have no issues with gay people - live and let live.

If I notice side effects like no wood or watery seem and those side effects aren´t gone by 4 or so months later then I´m of it and shaving my head.

So far though finasteride has been good to me.

Ps. I have body hair - not like Agassi but I do have body hair.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
nesta said:
If I notice side effects like no wood or watery seem and those side effects aren´t gone by 4 or so months later then I´m of it and shaving my head.

Don't forget to keep an eye out for the Gyno.