propecia question

cgood

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has experience what ive experienced. Ive been on Propecia for 2 and half months and maybe im being paranoid but it seems like my hair is thinner then when i started. is it possible that is a side effect of the propecia at first? thanks for listening and posting.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
you are probably experiencing a shed,so ya hair will be thinner,this is usually a good sign,the old hair is being kicked out so a new one can grow in,dont worry,it will grow back thicker! :hairy:

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
man i m expericing the same thing... 5 weeks into propecia and my hair is worse and worst yet, there is another shed this week :(

pls give me some encouraging words

Aplunk1

Reaction score
emery said:
man i m expericing the same thing... 5 weeks into propecia and my hair is worse and worst yet, there is another shed this week :(

pls give me some encouraging words

Just hang in there. Keep washing your hair with Nizoral every few days, apply your minoxidil nightly, and give your Propecia some time to work.

It might take months, but it should cycle back in.

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
I also went through the shed for the 6 months I was on finasteride. Hair is much worse and now I've had to quit due to sides. Does anyone know if the hairs lost in the shedding phase will grow back if use is discontinued? Will you end up worse off than before? BTW, I think I'm going to try spironolactone as an alternative. I'm already on minoxidil 5%.

shinycap

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has experience what ive experienced. Ive been on Propecia for 2 and half months and maybe im being paranoid but it seems like my hair is thinner then when i started. is it possible that is a side effect of the propecia at first? thanks for listening and posting.

You're being ironic right? have you read a single post on the forum?

EVERYONE loses hair on this drug.

Seems like the only guarantee with propecia is that you will lose hair. If you are superhuman enough to stick it out through the 12 months of constant shedding and side effects to actually see positive results, you let me know. The only thing I've read people report about this drug is increased hairloss. I quit after 3 months of usage due to side effects, not the least of which was drastic hairloss. I might be going bald now, but at least I'm not still on that drug, thank God.

Do a search dude. You'll hear about people on their 10th, 12th, 15th month on propecia "still waiting for that hair to grow back." Or the guy in the middle of year 2 on propecia "starting o lose it's effectivness..."

Forget it. Total nightmare.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
I can only testify to my own experience. Norwood 100% for 20 years, and with finasteride and the rest my hair, though very modest, is visibly better. You may have to work really hard with many treatments to get results. It seems to me that most men are lazy, so they will complain and complain. When you are at war with your own body, you must understand it intimately. Look at my regimen and if you have questions, I will tell you what little I know about this horrible subject. Postive vibes to you all
though.
Boru

Aplunk1

Reaction score
shinycap said:

You're being ironic right? have you read a single post on the forum?

EVERYONE loses hair on this drug.

Seems like the only guarantee with propecia is that you will lose hair. If you are superhuman enough to stick it out through the 12 months of constant shedding and side effects to actually see positive results, you let me know. The only thing I've read people report about this drug is increased hairloss. I quit after 3 months of usage due to side effects, not the least of which was drastic hairloss. I might be going bald now, but at least I'm not still on that drug, thank God.

Do a search dude. You'll hear about people on their 10th, 12th, 15th month on propecia "still waiting for that hair to grow back." Or the guy in the middle of year 2 on propecia "starting o lose it's effectivness..."

Forget it. Total nightmare.

You're being a complete ***.

Stop scaring people off Propecia. It works for 83% of people.