PROPECIA/PROSCAR and the ABILITY TO HAVE KIDS

almostbald

Reaction score
One day hopefully when i find a partner, id like to have children with her.

i remember the PRE proscar me.. i had very strong erections, and a very high sex drive, but now after being on it for almost a year, ive definately noticed a decrease in EJACULATE VOLUME.

I would estimate it's down by almost 50% than what it was before i started taking proscar.

got me thinking..

will i be able to impregnate my partner with my lil soldiers, and that kind of ejaculate volume. ??

some questions i think we should all discuss here.

also, isnt minoxidil just speeding up the hair cycle, and inducing a quicker recession of the hair?

drinkrum

Reaction score
almostbald,

This is the question of the century. At first, Merck suggested that finasteride was carried in semen, and so mentioned that in the cautions for liability reasons. But, there was a study involving rhesus monkeys where they concluded that finasteride. is not really detectable in semen and so have since removed the warning.

But ... when that day of reckoning comes for, I will have been off finasteride. for at least 2 weeks. The good thing (and bad I guess) thing about finasteride is that it has a very short half-life in the system. If you discontinued Propecia today, in most likeliness, in a couple of days or less, your DHT levels will recover to pre-Propecia levels. The same does not hold for other drugs like Avodart (dutasteride) which has a rather long half-life and stays in the system for well over a week or two.

Hope this helps ...

D.