Propecia Persistence Program

physicalism

Reaction score
Hello, newbie here:

I am considering getting on Propecia. (I have never been on Propecia.) And was looking for ways to save on prescriptions costs. I came across a now defunct savings plan called "Propecia Persistence Program" (shown here: http://propeciapersistenceprogram.com/proper/propeciapersistenceprogram/index.jsp.) But the enrollment period ended July 2012.

Does anyone have any tips on how to save money on brand-name Propecia? Does anyone know if the Persistence Program will return? Does anyone know if there are any "vouchers" floating around in the offices of physicians? Ideally, I would like to start on brand-name Propecia before making the transition to a generic. I went to a local Walgreens and found that the price for a 3-month prescription is $260. If I could shave $50 off that, that would be great.

Also, what is "Finpecia"? From what I gather, it sounds like a 1 mg generic version of Propecia that is not available in U.S. Pharmacies? Is this correct? If so, if the patent doesn't expire until ~2013/2014 (whenever), how is there a 1 mg generic on the market?

Thanks for bearing with me.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
I, and many other people on this forum take generic 1 mg finasteride, which I buy online from inhousepharmacy.biz. It is WAAYYYYY cheaper than brand name, and is totally legit (it is made by a large international pharmaceutical company). I usually buy 2 months supply at a time for $40. If i were to buy regular propecia, the same amount would cost me like $150-$160.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Been buying mine off 4rx.com for the last 4 years. Never had a problem. Let me know if you order from there and I'll give you my return customer discount code for 10% off :)