Propecia penis: a definition

Ende

Reaction score
i'm a mess said:
1) Penis less stimulated by thoughts or actions of sexual nature during the day such as loss of morning erections and daytime spontaneous erections e.g. 'I sat beside this sexy blonde on the bus but my propecia penis failed to notice...'
Yeah, I know how you feel. Andractim will normalize your penis tissue and sperm. Libido is a little more complicated.

Ende

Reaction score
TRT alone will not solve the problem, but it's the foundation of the treatment. I'm able to deal with the true problem, while TRT keeps my testosterone level high and stable. The modarator on propeciahelp is not alone. Guys who are on TRT, and never have touched finasteride, sometimes crashes too. It's because of other hormones getting out of their range, usually estrogen. He was on TRT, but still inhibited 60-70% of DHT. Because of that, the case with the moderator is no different from our.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude what's the point of this? If this is to be funny then I feel you should know what this is now my #1 cause of depression which may very well turn into suicide. Thank goodness I'm not impotent, but I'm still depressed that 1.5-2 years of finasteride may've done something I can't honestly say I'm sure of.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for anyone who suffers from this condition. I'm sure most people would choose to be bald over impotent.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
The big deal would be if this is a permanent effect...I don't see how this would be permanent to some but not others. The way I see it it effects everyone just to different degrees, and where it's not apparently noticeable the person would be counted as non-affected by side effects.

Ok, to i'm a mess, I guess what it is is you're a sufferer and you're trying to slander propecia for what it has done and can do to people? If that's the case then never mind. I sympathize with any sadness this has caused you, because it's really the sadness part that matters. I'm sure many people out there probably wouldn't mind having a lower libido (or probably none at all) in exchange for something else. In my case, unlike before, I am concerned about libido especially when it comes to the permanent sense. Problem is I just didn't find out until yesterday that the Propecia side effects can be permanent. Well I mean, I have seen the youtube video of the European guy with frontal baldness (Nick, who's a member of propeciasideeffects or propeciahelp forums) a few months back telling that the propecia side effects has turned him impotent. I just didn't see it as official or medically backed up to worry about it. I've always been under the impression and told stopping the drug would eventually undo any side effects, especially the sexual.

Ende

Reaction score
So what! How are you going to deal with it? I've walked the whole line and I'm currently stuck in the worst case scenario. You don't see me complain, do you? Hell, you're complaining about reduced libido and possible side effects. Do something about it. You've no f*****g reason to be suicidal, and you'll probably be fine if you quit the drug - which I recommend you do, for your own peace of mind.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
So what! How are you going to deal with it?

I've walked the whole line and I'm currently stuck in the worst case scenario.

You don't see me complain, do you?

Hell, you're complaining about reduced libido and possible side effects. Do something about it.

You've no f****ing reason to be suicidal,

and you'll probably be fine if you quit the drug - which I recommend you do, for your own peace of mind.

- Talking it out a helps...like right now. I've done the same ironically 2 years ago before I began the regimen...because of a girl, who I've also been so depressed over and I tried committing suicide then. I believe I've wrote about it on hairlosstalk before. Also just fyi to everyone my depression is not some "boohoo I didn't get what I want" the crying/sobbing was too exruciating, as was kind of the case today and yesterday, despite me being able to type and all. I just think I should do something fast when it comes to my regimen. I've stopped propecia so I'm looking for an effective topical since apparently all effective orals are androgenic and thus are...like finasteride, so I've asked in a thread today what's my best bet on topicals. Currently I'm considering revivogen.

- I feel for you and I'm glad despite this you can seem to take it. I probably couldn't. I'm almost like a baby inside, and seem to have always been.

- Different things bother and upset different people differently. Quote in my sig sums it.

- I will, like stop the medication but if Propecia has done something permanently, I wouldn't be able to notice since it could've been a small degree, or, since it may have most likely been gradual over a 2 year span how exactly would you know "when" you're starting to deteriorate? Day after day it will seem nothing is wrong because no sudden change occurs. It's over a long span. Just this fact affects me emotionally more than a typical person would think it does affect a person.

- I'd agree if it's something I know is fixable and doable. However like you said even doctors don't seem to want to help you and I'd rather...die, then self experiment on my body. I'm already regretful that I put anything in my mouth to begin with and besides, I have had so many crying moments and still have, that death seems desirable. Not going to do it but thought I should just say anyway.

- Yeah I think most likely I'll be fine especially after long periods of time after quitting the drug. I just have to get over the fact that something could've happened to my sexual system. If I was not able to achieve erections or orgasm, then that's when I'd be able to tell something happened, and even then I wouldn't know how I can surely conclude it was propecia anyway (though that would most likely be the reason), but you don't necessarily need to be unable to get erections and orgasms in order for Propecia to have degraded my system to some extent, temporarily or permanently. This is what bothers me. Don't worry though I'm not really complaining to you or anyone, but I have to talk this out for my peace of mind.

Ende

Reaction score
Sure, you do what you've to do to feel better, but thinking about all this sh*t will just make it worse. If you got side effects from propecia, believe me, you would know. If you desire sex and your erections are hard, you've nothing to worry about. Those who suffers from side effects after quitting the drug, got severe side effects while they were on the drug. Like Nick who's interviewed in that clip. Just look in the leaflet which came with your propecia, it doesn't say secondary hypogonadism as a possible side effect. It's something which have been discovered as a side effect post marketing. That condition doesn't just solve itself. Nor does "permanent ED" which is most likely caused by atrophied penile muscles due to low testosterone level. It's not permanent if that's the case. It's reversible. They say it's permanent because they don't know what's causing it. I know, because I noticed the changes to my body.

There have been reports of hormonal crash when people get off the drug. They got sexual side effects, then they went off the drug and got better before everything just turned around. I don't think this is going to happen to you, because you don't have any side effects. To cover yourself, I recommend doing a blood test now, as you already have quit. I would recommend doing it before you quit, but nevermind. Check LH, FSH, testosterone, estrogen, prolactin and SHBG. This will be like a map, if something happens. The Doctor will know whats wrong with you.

I take it because I have to. I made a choice, and I take the consequences. Life is worth fighting for, but I'm not going to live with the problems if I can't solve them. 24, suffering from hairloss and unable to make love. No, I would rather die.

messedup

Reaction score
Yeah my penis shape changed significantly after the crash 6 weeks off the drug. It is actually longer flaccid than it used to be, but thinner. Looks like it's stretched out with a curved, narrowed section in the shaft. The head also looks smaller, and no longer fills up as it did before when erect. The size when erect is similar to before however.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
Sure, you do what you've to do to feel better, but thinking about all this sh*t will just make it worse.

If you got side effects from propecia, believe me, you would know.

If you desire sex and your erections are hard, you've nothing to worry about.

Those who suffers from side effects after quitting the drug, got severe side effects while they were on the drug. Like Nick who's interviewed in that clip.

Just look in the leaflet which came with your propecia, it doesn't say secondary hypogonadism as a possible side effect. It's something which have been discovered as a side effect post marketing.

That condition doesn't just solve itself. Nor does "permanent ED" which is most likely caused by atrophied penile muscles due to low testosterone level.

It's not permanent if that's the case. It's reversible. They say it's permanent because they don't know what's causing it. I know, because I noticed the changes to my body.

There have been reports of hormonal crash when people get off the drug. They got sexual side effects, then they went off the drug and got better before everything just turned around. I don't think this is going to happen to you, because you don't have any side effects. To cover yourself, I recommend doing a blood test now, as you already have quit. I would recommend doing it before you quit, but nevermind. Check LH, FSH, testosterone, estrogen, prolactin and SHBG. This will be like a map, if something happens. The Doctor will know whats wrong with you.

I take it because I have to. I made a choice, and I take the consequences. Life is worth fighting for, but I'm not going to live with the problems if I can't solve them. 24, suffering from hairloss and unable to make love. No, I would rather die.

- I do what I feel is best, yes, and the thinking will be temporary.

- I disagree. I would agree if all the within-1.5-or-2-year side effects popped up in one single day but if it slowly creeps and increases gradually, evenly, over a 2 year period then hell no, especially if the end result is not that much different then before starting. Not trying to really argue though despite how this is sounding. I just can't say this any other way. :p

- I guess. Although personally I would worry if it deteriorated me in the least when it comes to less intense orgasms, and if it doesn't get better, which for all we know...

- Every time I see him I feel really bad...for him, and hate how male pattern baldness even started. I hope he gets better emotionally. After, all it's the most important thing, moreso than having sex.

- Yeah, and a few other things it seems. That and I think the studies may have been biased and not telling the full truth, but that's just me.

- I don't see why not honestly. If the drug is altering hormone levels then why would they not un-alter when the medication is stopped? After all there's the testes, that contains the testosterone and the enzme now free to create the DHT in the body which can bring back the balance? And hence reverse the side effects? Of course there's proof to the contrary in some people but this could very well be that their system is slow to recover...but that's just my quick opinion.

- I guess they mean in the sense it cannot be reversed by its lonesome, which you also said. Also, if you have to get treatment would the treatment have to last forever as well? I'm guessing no but just asking.

- I did mention I have sides...watery jizz, possibly less erection and less hightened orgasms. I mentioned them somewhere else. I may do blood work or may not, I'll have to see.

- I see. Also, I guess you agree there's something worth dying over? I have a friend who believes nothing is bad enough to die over. Well...he could believe that all he likes. As for me I'm not planning on giving up, not over this considering my exact situation, now and in the past. Good luck to you and me.

Ende

Reaction score
Vigaku said:
- I don't see why not honestly. If the drug is altering hormone levels then why would they not un-alter when the medication is stopped? After all there's the testes, that contains the testosterone and the enzme now free to create the DHT in the body which can bring back the balance? And hence reverse the side effects? Of course there's proof to the contrary in some people but this could very well be that their system is slow to recover...but that's just my quick opinion.

- I guess they mean in the sense it cannot be reversed by its lonesome, which you also said. Also, if you have to get treatment would the treatment have to last forever as well? I'm guessing no but just asking.
Hormones changes your body, that's why it doesn't reverse itself in some cases. It's hard to say. Most of the treatments would be temporary, but I don't know if I'm ever going off TRT. The reason is that the body adjust itself to changes. If I'm getting out of this, I would never risk going back. Attempt to restore the HPTA is simply not worth it, the way I see it.