Propecia or minoxidil?

Thomaseg1975

Reaction score
Is it possible that rogaine works better for some people than finasteride? or vice versa..Everytime i take finasteride, my body hair and the hair on my head grows a lot slower...My scalp gets irritated when I apply rogaine when Im on finasteride. I stopped using finasteride and just went on Drlees minoxidil and i noticed a great change in my hairs health in aboput a month..Felt thicker and looked healthier..I just dont know whether to stay on finasteride and wait it out, just stick with dr lees minoxidil, nioxin and nizoral..When I got those great results, i ran out of nizoral and nioxin and minoxidil..In a mtter of a month, my hair went back to looking like crap! So I ask. was it the discontinue of the minoxidil for a month? thought it wouldnt decrease that fast!

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Alot of people use both to get maximum results. Propecia to stop hairloss and minoxidil for stimulating regrowth. I don't know about nioxin.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cook'n'milkies said:
minoxidil grown hairs fall out quite quickly after discontinuing use.

How long does minoxidil grown hair remain after discontinuation?
How long does finasteride grown hair remain after discontinuation?

So?

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
Well Dave001, I'm saying he probably lost hair from discontinuing minoxidil. Am I postive? No. But no one can be sure when it comes to hairloss. Just my opinion based on peoples' experiences. From what I've heard, I think finasteride hairs stick around for a little while longer.