Propecia no longer works like it used to

prici

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm 34 and I've been on Propecia 1 mg daily since 2007 and I was able to maintain my hair until recentely when I noticed my hair line started to recede and my hair got thinner in the front. Anyone went through something similar and if yes, what can I add to my regimen that would help?
Thanks in advance!

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's interesting. I too am 34 years old and have been on propecia since 2007. When I first started poppin' the peesh I had a full head of hair, wasnt even thinning at all. I only started taking it cause I figured it would be a good security so I never have to worry about losing my hair. But about a month ago I started noticing I am losing hair around the frontal areas. The crown still looks fairly solid but the hairline/frontal areas are going to sh*t.

Maybe propecia doesnt guard the frontal areas as well as the vertex/back crown area? I understand the hair around the hairline is much more fragile than the vertex.

As far as what you should start doing now? I really dont know, I'm in the same boat as you. I was going to start minoxidil but I've must have read a few dozen stories on how the shedding of minoxidil actually made peoples hair worse off than it was before starting it. I dont know what to do at this point, kind of at a stand off. I've started saving money for a hair transplant just in case....

T

Timi

take finasteride allone

finasteride has work great for me 14Years long
than minoxidil for my Corners
and lost all my Hairs!

minoxidil is for me Oil in the fire

Timi

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
take finasteride allone

finasteride has work great for me 14Years long
than minoxidil for my Corners
and lost all my Hairs!

minoxidil is for me Oil in the fire

Timi

I dont understand. If minoxidil is supposed to help regrow hair than why do I keep hearing so many claim it made their hair worse? How can a product like this survive on the market if it's ruining people's hair?

prici

Reaction score
ResearchNeverFails said:
How are your side affects? have they changed at all?

I don't seem to have any. When I initially started taking it I thought my sex drive started to slow down but it was probabely all in my head due to all the posts I read regarding that. I am just as horny as before I started taking it

prici

Reaction score
wendal said:
Wow, that's interesting. I too am 34 years old and have been on propecia since 2007. When I first started poppin' the peesh I had a full head of hair, wasnt even thinning at all. I only started taking it cause I figured it would be a good security so I never have to worry about losing my hair. But about a month ago I started noticing I am losing hair around the frontal areas. The crown still looks fairly solid but the hairline/frontal areas are going to sh*t.

Maybe propecia doesnt guard the frontal areas as well as the vertex/back crown area? I understand the hair around the hairline is much more fragile than the vertex.

As far as what you should start doing now? I really dont know, I'm in the same boat as you. I was going to start minoxidil but I've must have read a few dozen stories on how the shedding of minoxidil actually made peoples hair worse off than it was before starting it. I dont know what to do at this point, kind of at a stand off. I've started saving money for a hair transplant just in case....

I'm thinking on trying Nizoral or Nioxin shampoo and conditioner. Have you heard anything about any of the two?

Reaction score
prici said:
Hi,
I'm 34 and I've been on Propecia 1 mg daily since 2007 and I was able to maintain my hair until recentely when I noticed my hair line started to recede and my hair got thinner in the front. Anyone went through something similar and if yes, what can I add to my regimen that would help?
Thanks in advance!

I think this is your problem:

testosterone_declines__w_age.gif