Propecia/minoxidil or Both??? PLEASE HELP

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score
Im 23 and getting married in 6 months. My hairs been getting thinner on top and receding at the temple for the past two years.
Its now become quite noticable and i want to try and regrow/maintain as much as i can before the wedding photos.

Couple of questions:

1. Would you recommend going on Propecia or minoxidil or both? I heard that starting both at the same time can cause bad shedding and i don't want to look any worse than i already do already by the wedding.

2. I have also heard that Propecia can cause the frotal hairline to get worse. Is this true?, because again i don't want to start it if im gonna look worse in 6 months.

Thanks in advance

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for help, any advise? :)

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil and finasterdie are not cure's for hairloss. They may at best give you an extra 15years of hair. I think that if you do decided to take either of these things to fight hairloss you use both, as far as I understand they compliment each other finasteride stop's any more hairloss and minoxidil improves on what you already have.

Taking prescription drugs such as these is risking your health, there are possible side effects. So I recomend that you talk to medical experts such as dermatologists and do some research into the matter before you make any decision.

GOOD LUCK

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score
can anyone else answer my questions above?

Axon

Reaction score
Personally, I think the idea that these products could make your hair loss worse is a bunch of crap.

But then, I'm sane.

No one can predict what's going to happen.