propecia libido question

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
mr_sparkle,

Why would you be thinking of getting back on finasteride when you have these sexual sides? Now you're on a cocktail of other drugs to combat them? It's crazy.

I had a increase in libido and erection after quitting finasteride too. They both decreased again shortly after and I was in the same place again. Try and give your body a chance to get back to normal. If you're on these drugs you may never know when and if your body is getting back to normal, cause if it doesn't, you'll want to attack the problem straight away, no? It's your dick dude!!!!!

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
As far as carbs are concerned cabergoline is a more powerful dopamine agonist than bromocriptine and standard advice for bromo is to keep carbs up as it increases insulin sensitivity which is great for getting muscle pumps and cutting up but aggravates the side effects.

danish82

Reaction score
What do you guys think about combining gabergoline with propecia? Ive got raised prolactin from propecia, and now im taking gabergoline with it.
For me it makes perfect sense, and this week has been really good, no more headache, and ive been normally horny.

I know its quite a cocktail, but do you think there is any real dangers to it? I want to keep both my libido and hair..

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been advocating a stack of propecia with either cabergoline or a SERM and AI for a while. With this you take care of all the sides people are always bitching about like there is no f*****g cure for em - gyno, limp dick, etc etc. All are easily treatable. Glad you found it effecive. Btw how much cabergoline are you taking? where did you buy it?

arrogantprick

Reaction score
Haven't got it yet, as it has just been shipped today. I am going to go with 1/2 mg twice weekly. I am really hoping it helps with body comp.

Wondering one thing: when I come off cabergoline after say a few months if I decide to, will this mess with some sort of equilibrium (dopamine levels will be low because of artifically high levels, or maybe dopamine receptors aren't as receptive, something of that nature) i.e. you take thermogenics to burn fat, but they down regulate and when you come off them your metabolism is slower than it was before you ever started them. Does/could this drug have the same effect?

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't increase dopamine levels like nicotine or cocaine, rather has s imilar effect to dopamine but prolactin levels will stay suppressed for a considerable time after coming off.

danish82

Reaction score
elitepharma something, 0.5mg twice a week. The first week my libido was ZERO, and I had headacne the whole time. But now it goes ok, hope it stays the same.

Ive been reading alot about gabergoline, to find out about any dangers, and long term sideeffects. Anyone know about this?

It seems quite harmless, from what I can read?

SweatHorse

Reaction score
right on danish, thanks!

So, is anyone taking this along with finasteride and successfully fighting sexual side effects?

danish82

Reaction score
Yea well, I got succes, but im only at 0.5mg finasteride a day...And I restarted finasteride with the drug. Because last time I was on propecia, 2 years ago, I developed very bad side effects, but it took like a half year before they came. So I really dont know if it is helping against sides, but my libido is SKYHIGH at the moment, and I havnt got sideeffects like headache since the first week.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I having been taking it for a few weeks.

What I have noticed that my body feels kinda wierd, kinda tired.

I also have been having the BEST orgasms that I have ever had in my life. It is crazy.

I am still worried about the DHT increasing effects of this drug though.

spartan

Reaction score
dostinex

hi
I have experienced some sexual sides and was wondering whether the DHT increasing effects of dostinex would negatively impact someone such as myself. Ive been taking avodart for a few years now with good results and wouldn't want to see any loss in the gains Ive made.

Has anyone on here looked into this subject recently or have any direct experience?

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
danish82 said:
Yea well, I got succes, but im only at 0.5mg finasteride a day...And I restarted finasteride with the drug. Because last time I was on propecia, 2 years ago, I developed very bad side effects, but it took like a half year before they came. So I really dont know if it is helping against sides, but my libido is SKYHIGH at the moment, and I havnt got sideeffects like headache since the first week.

Congrats. I too greatly diminished my sexual side effects by using .5mg, as opposed to 1mg daily. The only difference now, I no longer experiencing spontaneous morning erections. Although, if I discontinue finasteride for at least 2-3 weeks, suddenly they reappear every morning like clockwork. But my libido is perfectly fine now, so I'm more than happy.