Propecia Lawsuit

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys are aware of this, but Propecia is now under attack big time. It looks like there is a huge mount for a lawsuit.

http://www.propecialawsuitnews.com/

I've been on it for 7 years and honestly, I think it has had an affect on me. I find myself more depressed and have developed anxiety. Which I never had before. What do you guys think of all of this?

The ED, is that something that happens early in treatment or down the road?

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Most of these lawsuit websites are authored by law firms looking for new clients, including this one. There are a number of these sites up, and I’ve been noticing they are spamming message boards (if I catch it before the post is deleted). Law firms are seeing Propecia lawsuits as a potentially profitable venture and are aggressively fighting over clients. This doesn’t suddenly mean that your medication will suddenly start causing extreme side effects or that you should stop taking it.

Propecia can cause depression and anxiety in rare cases, but these conditions also develop spontaneously as a result of hundreds of different causes, or simply as a result of your lifestyle. There is a chance it has caused these problems, but a much greater chance they resulted from other factors. It’s best to talk to your doctor or a therapist about these issues. If you feel Propecia may be the cause, you can try coming off for a short time to see if your symptoms get any better.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm more worried about my erections. I want to try taking a 2 week break to see what happens. If my bonners get back to normal in 2 weeks. Thoughts?

I tried looking through the forums, but couldn't find any long term users who had their semen and erections return to normal after discontinued use.

blakes33

Reaction score
Brasil - I am a longtime user of almost 14 years (since it was released). My advice - DO NOT quit cold turkey. I expereienced problems only AFTER I stopped the medicine 17 weeks ago (never had issues with sex while taking the drug).

Your erections WILL return in the first couple of weeks off the drug. It's the weeks after that things might not fair so well. At about 7 weeks off the drug I had a sudden and severe change in my vision. My eyes became very dry and blurry and are still that way now. I saw an eye doctor today and my eyes have quit producing tears!! I have 20/20 vision and have seen an eye doctor once in my life when I was younger for a routine checkup so I have no history of eye issues until now, starting 7 weeks off propecia.

Additionally, I had some loss of libido and a few other issues. A doctor told me that when you have altered your body's hormone profile for such a long time it's not a good idea to suddenly quit. Your body becomes used to the lower DHT and FLOODING it back into your system is not wise. If you want to stop I would suggest tapering slowly - over several months. Work down to 1 pill a couple days a week, then maybe 1 pill per week for a month or two then 1 ever other week but main thing is slowly........

I can share more with you what I've learned/experienced. The good news is that not all men have a bad reaction but ED and other issues are happening to some men and the major difficulties seem to happen after they stop it.

blakes33

Reaction score
cassin said:
Why did you stop taking it?

I stop once a year for 2 weeks just to give my body a break (been doing that for many years now). This time, I was almost two weeks stopped when I picked up the now famous November edition of Men's Health magazine and stumbled across the Boston University study on propecia.

I was very concerned over what I was reading and decided to stay off a couple more weeks while I did some further research. Then I start seeing lawsuits and a talk of class-action lawsuits and upon further reading became more concerned about whether to start the medicine back or stay off for good. Very tough decision because after all, I had never experienced ANY of the side-effects they were describing.

But, as I said above I did eventually experience issues - it just took many weeks after stopping for them to occur......