Propecia Issues- Answers highly appreciated

iseras

Reaction score
Ok, I just got a script for Propecia. But before I go ahead and get it, I just have a few questions, since i have so many reservations about using it. Btw, I've got diffused thinning that isn't fully noticibale yet when dry, but is very noticable when wet.

1- I don't feel very right about taking a drug that alters your hormones. Now for real, how safe is this drug? Do you think completly alterring your hormonal makeup will cause problems down the line?

2- How bad do those sexual side effects actually get? I mean, can you really have a complete loss of libido and erection difficulties? I'm 22, and having to deal with sexual performance issues now is something i certainly don't want.

3- With all things considered, do you recommend me taking it now, wait if things get a bit worse (as a last resort), or just not take it and stick with revivogen/minoxidil?

Thanks a lot

G

iseras said:
1- I don't feel very right about taking a drug that alters your hormones. Now for real, how safe is this drug? Do you think completly alterring your hormonal makeup will cause problems down the line?

This drug has been through all the tests needed to prove it is safe.
Many of the things you consume everyday will alter your hormone profile, milk, adrenalin (from meats), sugar and so on. Many will put finasteride in the shade.
Finasteride will not completly (sic) alter your hormonal makeup

iseras said:
2- How bad do those sexual side effects actually get? I mean, can you really have a complete loss of libido and erection difficulties? I'm 22, and having to deal with sexual performance issues now is something i certainly don't want.

You can search for opinions here or you could do extended double blind placebo trials involving thousands of subjects.

luckily the latter has been done already (a pre-requiste of bringing the product to market) and the results are readily available.

1 person in 50 will suffer sexual side effects, this maybe anything from slightly watery ejeculate to full blown gynecomastia, the majority of these side effects will be tranistory and will subside without intervention.

iseras said:
3- With all things considered, do you recommend me taking it now, wait if things get a bit worse (as a last resort), or just not take it and stick with revivogen/minoxidil?

your call really!, another chance to whip out my graph (yyeeeaaahhh)

MINOXPAUSE.gif

It's just a guide, don't read to much into the relationships between the plots, or try and read any values, just their position is relevant.

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
1. The drug is completely safe. There should be no side effects and if any, they are un-noticeable. But, as with every drug on this planet, nothing is guaranteed.

2. I haven't had any side effects sexually. The company that distributes the drug warns you that this is a POTENTIAL side effect in order to prevent themselves from being sued.

3. Take it now. If you wait, your hair gets worse- the worse it gets, the less effect Propecia is going to have. Basically, the more damage is done, the less repair you're going to get. Period.

G

Rawbbie said:
1. The drug is completely safe. There should be no side effects and if any, they are un-noticeable. But, as with every drug on this planet, nothing is guaranteed.

This information is wrong. The side effects run at about 2%.

Rawbbie said:
2. I haven't had any side effects sexually. The company that distributes the drug warns you that this is a POTENTIAL side effect in order to prevent themselves from being sued.

It is irrelevant when posters tell you there experience, it has no bearing on the actual rates of side effects.

Rawbbie said:
3. Take it now. If you wait, your hair gets worse- the worse it gets, the less effect Propecia is going to have. Basically, the more damage is done, the less repair you're going to get. Period.

I agree with Rawbbie here.

iseras

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I took my first pill yesterday- i decided that i might as well give this a shot and see what happens. Couple of follow up questions:

1- I've heard people say the propecia thinned their eyebrows- Can this even be true? And if it does, is it reversible?
2- Can Propecia screw with gaining and sustaining muscle? I wouldn't want it to interfere with my working out.
3- Are any and every side effect from propecia compleltly reversible?

I'm usualy not half as concerned about taking meds, but this one for some reason has me going- Thanks for any answers

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that you shouldn't pay too much mind to the complains you read on these forums. If something happens, which is very unlikely (2% of the time) just stop takign it and it will go back to normal.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Problems with Vioxx were suspected long ago. Many physicians stopped prescribing it. Just as the FDA is slow to approve, it is slow to remove approval.

G

and vioxx has been around a lot less time than finasteride, vioxx has only been avaliable for 4 years (or maybe 5?)