Propecia issues after 7 months..

ChiaPet

Reaction score
Just wondering if it is common to experience libido issues after about 7 months of propecia use?

This pill has been killing me the past month. My hair never has looked so bad. Unfortunately, I have dropped below baseline, I'm shedding more than my dog and my sex drive has dropped significantly. I still have no problems getting the soldier to salute, but I also sometimes get some testicular pain which lasts about half an hour.
Not to mention, I have been quite moody lately. I'm generally a very laid back person, but this pill is making me very irritable..I have let people have it who talk down to me or make jokes about me, almost causing a couple scraps in the process.

Seems like this drug is killing my hair, mind and body -- not to mention my wallet.
I really don't know what do to now...any suggestions?

rando

Reaction score
Hey. I'm at month 14, and I've been suffering from some similar symptoms. For example, my libido is non-existent and I often have severe groin/prostate pain after ejaculating. As for the moodiness, I'm beginning to believe more and more that Propecia is causing my depression/mood swings. Don't let the uninformed/uneducated posters tell you otherwise: There is both circumstantial evidence and theoretical reasons to believe that Propecia MAY and CAN have an effect on mood. That said, I plan to ride things out for now.

dek

Reaction score
Rando, Is your regimen working? Any re-growth to justify sticking to it after 14 months and bad side effects?

ChiaPet

Reaction score
Well looks like my libido is back...It really doesn't make sense...for about a month, I had little desire and just a couple days ago, BAM. I've been 1 horny mofo since friday. No complaints at all.
Oh yeah, the mood swings are gone too!

Now if only the shedding would stop...
:roll:

rando

Reaction score
Dek,

Actually, I seem to finally be making some progress (despite a recent post to the contrary :oops: ). I've said it before: Though 1 year may be an appropriate benchmark to assess whether Propecia may work at all, it likely takes much longer to see regrowth. In my experience, hair grows very, very slowly. I suspect that Merck underplays the amount of time that it takes to see results for the same reason that Pfizer underplays the notorious Rogaine shed: Few people are educated when it comes to hairloss and/or hairloss treatments. And don't even get me started on posters to these forums. I'm so sick and tired of people parroting things they've read or heard as if it were gospel. If you're serious about educating yourself (and fighting hair loss), I suggest you take a look at the archives of alt.baldspot. Virtually everything discussed on these forums has been discussed more thoroughly over there (usually with scientific backing). As for the side effects from Propecia, I want to give it some more time to work before re-assessing whether the benefits outweight the costs.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
ChiaPet said:
Well looks like my libido is back...It really doesn't make sense...for about a month, I had little desire and just a couple days ago, BAM. I've been 1 horny mofo since friday. No complaints at all.
Oh yeah, the mood swings are gone too!

Now if only the shedding would stop...
:roll:

I have been on Fina for 5 years and i am one cranky emotional mother ****