Propecia - Is It As Bad As They Say?

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i started .25mg propecia one week ago. No MAJOR sides (first two-three days a little foggy, some nipple itch and sensitivity) but I couldn’t help but read on this form about the nightmare. Basically people saying it’ll ruin your life, the PFS ends in suicide and just completely extreme things!

I caught my hairloss early enough I still look like I have a full head with styling it right and a little bit of concealer.... but I also know that without a blocker it’s only going to progress.

I’m at a loss. Should I try a topical blocker first if I’m growing scared of oral treatment? - I do know the topical can cause sides I guess I’m assyming it’s far less

nvidiageek

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm taking 1mg finasteride since yesterday, zero sides, I mean zero, not even what you experienced. I started with 0.5mg for a week, nothing then nothing now. It's like I didn't even take the meds, don't know if I'm a non-responder or just fortunate. Only time will tell.

I'd say continue till the sides get unbearable.

abcdefg

Reaction score
You will never get a real answer because its opinion. People with bad experience say its horrible dont touch it, and others say it helps and is good.
Id listen to the medical professional that gave it to you, and the official statistics. The American hair loss association recommends it as first treatment option. Yes, the official stats might be all lies and propaganda for big pharma, but what else is there to use?
Without propecia every single guy would basically just accept male pattern baldness because nothing else works