Propecia Indecision Driving Me Crazy

zhauck

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a 23 yr old Caucasian male and would say I am about a Norwood 2.5. Over the past couple years I have witnessed a slow recession in my left and right corners. Over the past year my temples (sides) have thinned and receded a little bit. The left side of my hairline is thinner and more receded than my right. I still have very dense hair everywhere except the very front of my hairline. I don't seem to shed either (no hair in shower, on pillow, etc.). I always keep my hair buzzed to a #1.5 and am still happy with my looks and where my hair stands. I think If I keep losing more I will still look good (strong face, dark eye brows, naturally tan complexion.)
Though, I would absolutely love to take my prescribed Propecia and maintain what I have and (just maybe) thicken my hairline back up a bit. I'm skeptical after reading a bunch of stories of hairlines worsening and thinning all over after starting Propecia. This indecision is driving me more crazy than the receding hairline itself.

Advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
the issue here is: how much do you value your hair? Presently there's no alternative to finasteride. Not even minoxidil does what fina does.
There might be side effects but in the great majority of cases they subside shortly after you stop the drug.

B

Bernard Yong

I did try Propecia, and it did help reverse the hair loss. But do be careful about its side effects. I stopped after 5 years when the side effects became quite severe.

MartinBanley112

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did try Propecia too and it did not help me much.. I felt those terrible side effects, so I stopped taking it. After that I changed my lifestyle, started looking after my diet, stress levels... Started working out and IT STOPPED progressing! Then I started researching what could have happened and came across to bodyhacking hair loss cure guide .... And now I can honestly tell you, that your hair loss problems are highly correlated to your lifestyle: diet, stress, sleep and physical performance.... You do not need any medications, You just need a healthy lifestyle!

B

Bernard Yong

I did try Propecia too and it did not help me much.. I felt those terrible side effects, so I stopped taking it. After that I changed my lifestyle, started looking after my diet, stress levels... Started working out and IT STOPPED progressing! Then I started researching what could have happened and came across to bodyhacking hair loss cure guide .... And now I can honestly tell you, that your hair loss problems are highly correlated to your lifestyle: diet, stress, sleep and physical performance.... You do not need any medications, You just need a healthy lifestyle!

Agreed. Some of the lifestyle related things which worked for me were getting enough sleep and cutting down on alcohol.