Propecia Help? Keep Hair Or Have Erectyle Dysfunction? Only 22 (pictures)

JustWantAnswers

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 22 years old
Dealt with hair loss since I was about 17
Been on Propecia and Rogaine since 17

I took this propecia pill for 5 years 1mg a day everyday.. since I was 17 with little to no side effects besides no morning erections and watery semen.. turned 22 oct 2nd of 2016.. as the months went on I felt like my penis wasn't working like it should.. my erections seemed much weaker.. I stopped being hard during sex twice with my girlfriend.. stimulation couldn't even bring it back up.. it was a disaster.. there were just times I could feel literally during sex my penis getting less and less hard.. that scared me. in the back of my mind I was thinking about the time it happened before and I think it made it happen so that wasn't fun.. it crushed me.. I was convinced it was mental but obviously that plays into it to.. it's been so hard.. then I contributed it more to propecia and obviously after that I just had to quit.. I don't get why 5 years later it's becoming a issue?

I haven't taken propecia since January 9th.. my overall libido has improved but my hair doesn't seem to be.. here are pictures of where it's currently at..

IMG_9574.JPG

IMG_9575.JPG

IMG_9576.JPG

being concerned like anybody else's would I decided to get blood work done.. here are the results to that as well..

IMG_0466.JPG

Basically propecia has kept my hair at a pause.. not to thin and not to thick forever now.. what concerns me is... having been off it for basically a month I can see my hairs starting to shrink and recede in the front and that's ruining my confidence.. I'm terrified to start propecia again and have libido issues.. and I'm even more terrified to let my hair go.. I don't know what to do.. are my levels normal? I don't know.. that's why I'm reaching out.. note this test was taken some time off of propecia recently..

I don't know what to do.. should I try Monday Wednesday Friday propecia? Can once a week maybe twice keep my hair but my ED away? I don't get why this is happening to me now.. But what if that starts up my ED again.. what if that ruins the recovery I've been making off the pill.. I don't want permanent ED.. I'm only 22.. I don't want to lose my hair either.. is there anything I can do to keep my hair and not have ED? Why is this random ED happening now..? I just want to live a normal life.. rogaine and regenepure and propecia is all I've been doing.. but recently it's been minus the propecia.. I don't want to lose my hair but I don't know what else to do.. I'm so lost.. is taking this pill anymore worth the risk? I don't want to watch 5 years be wasted..

What should I do?

g.i joey

Reaction score
At this point I'd wait till your sexual function returns completely. Ease your way back onto the drug and maybe try to take it only 3-5x a week.

JustWantAnswers

My Regimen
Reaction score
At this point I'd wait till your sexual function returns completely. Ease your way back onto the drug and maybe try to take it only 3-5x a week.

... how do you "ease" your way back onto a drug like this? And what 1mg.. 3 to 5 days a week? You basically suggested I just go back to full time usage.. what's the difference?

Propecia gave me side effects.

I now take 5mg Oral Minoxidil
And 2.5% RU58841 EOD.

Little to no side effects, have completely stopped shedding and male pattern baldness itch, hair is beginning to thicken up.

5mg oral minoxidil? What's that? And what is 2.5 RU58841EOD? I've never heard of either of those things.. minoxidil is a foam.. and a liquid. So what's that? Also.. What's "little to no side effects" to you? That could be major..

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
... how do you "ease" your way back onto a drug like this? And what 1mg.. 3 to 5 days a week? You basically suggested I just go back to full time usage.. what's the difference?

5mg oral minoxidil? What's that? And what is 2.5 RU58841EOD? I've never heard of either of those things.. minoxidil is a foam.. and a liquid. So what's that? Also.. What's "little to no side effects" to you? That could be major..

Your sexual function may never return. Be prepared for that man...

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How in any way does this comment help me in any way? You gave me zero opinion and just put out fear. Was that your goal? I'm desperate for help and seems like people just like to spread fear around

It's simple, do you value your hair more than your sexual functioning.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's simple, do you value your hair more than your sexual functioning.
This is not how it works. Many of us, including me, use finasteride and their sexual functions are intact.
Sorry if your experience has been negative but it does not mean it will be like that for everyone.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 22 years old
Dealt with hair loss since I was about 17
Been on Propecia and Rogaine since 17

I took this propecia pill for 5 years 1mg a day everyday.. since I was 17 with little to no side effects besides no morning erections and watery semen.. turned 22 oct 2nd of 2016.. as the months went on I felt like my penis wasn't working like it should.. my erections seemed much weaker.. I stopped being hard during sex twice with my girlfriend.. stimulation couldn't even bring it back up.. it was a disaster.. there were just times I could feel literally during sex my penis getting less and less hard.. that scared me. in the back of my mind I was thinking about the time it happened before and I think it made it happen so that wasn't fun.. it crushed me.. I was convinced it was mental but obviously that plays into it to.. it's been so hard.. then I contributed it more to propecia and obviously after that I just had to quit.. I don't get why 5 years later it's becoming a issue?

I haven't taken propecia since January 9th.. my overall libido has improved but my hair doesn't seem to be.. here are pictures of where it's currently at..

View attachment 48594
View attachment 48595
View attachment 48596

being concerned like anybody else's would I decided to get blood work done.. here are the results to that as well..

View attachment 48599

Basically propecia has kept my hair at a pause.. not to thin and not to thick forever now.. what concerns me is... having been off it for basically a month I can see my hairs starting to shrink and recede in the front and that's ruining my confidence.. I'm terrified to start propecia again and have libido issues.. and I'm even more terrified to let my hair go.. I don't know what to do.. are my levels normal? I don't know.. that's why I'm reaching out.. note this test was taken some time off of propecia recently..

I don't know what to do.. should I try Monday Wednesday Friday propecia? Can once a week maybe twice keep my hair but my ED away? I don't get why this is happening to me now.. But what if that starts up my ED again.. what if that ruins the recovery I've been making off the pill.. I don't want permanent ED.. I'm only 22.. I don't want to lose my hair either.. is there anything I can do to keep my hair and not have ED? Why is this random ED happening now..? I just want to live a normal life.. rogaine and regenepure and propecia is all I've been doing.. but recently it's been minus the propecia.. I don't want to lose my hair but I don't know what else to do.. I'm so lost.. is taking this pill anymore worth the risk? I don't want to watch 5 years be wasted..

What should I do?

Your percent free testosterone is unusually low, I'm not sure if that means anything.

You should also test dht, estradiol, prolactin, LH, FSH, insulin, t3, t4, glucose, cholesterol (both types), a1c, adiponectin as part of a general health workup.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your percent free testosterone is unusually low, I'm not sure if that means anything.

You should also test dht, estradiol, prolactin, LH, FSH, insulin, t3, t4, glucose, cholesterol (both types), a1c, adiponectin as part of a general health workup.
always gr8 seen u talk sense and offer help

JustWantAnswers

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not how it works. Many of us, including me, use finasteride and their sexual functions are intact.
Sorry if your experience has been negative but it does not mean it will be like that for everyone.

How 'intact' is intact? The only sides I had were watery semen.. loss of morning erections.. obvious lowering of libido.. but you read my post you know what I've dealt with it.. what do you think I should do? Just stay quit? I don't want to lose my hair but I also don't want to have a broken wang.. do you think maybe a 5mg once a week would help but get rid of my sides? I just don't want to let my last 5 years go of effort..

I hope that doesn't mean anything bad..? And I told my doctor about testing my testosterone and she spoke to a endocrinologist about my symptoms and he agreed I should be tested and that's all they tested I guess.. either way isn't there enough info here to make a assessment on where I'm at and what I should do? I'm looking for any kind of advice on my situation thanks..

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
How 'intact' is intact? The only sides I had were watery semen.. loss of morning erections.. obvious lowering of libido.. but you read my post you know what I've dealt with it.. what do you think I should do? Just stay quit? I don't want to lose my hair but I also don't want to have a broken wang.. do you think maybe a 5mg once a week would help but get rid of my sides? I just don't want to let my last 5 years go of effort..

I hope that doesn't mean anything bad..? And I told my doctor about testing my testosterone and she spoke to a endocrinologist about my symptoms and he agreed I should be tested and that's all they tested I guess.. either way isn't there enough info here to make a assessment on where I'm at and what I should do? I'm looking for any kind of advice on my situation thanks..
I have to ask...
Do you know that after a few years with the same girlfriend the sex drive decreases? It is a well known phenomenon.
Is it possible you are just not that attracted anymore? (scary I know)

JustWantAnswers

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to ask...
Do you know that after a few years with the same girlfriend the sex drive decreases? It is a well known phenomenon.
Is it possible you are just not that attracted anymore? (scary I know)

I would agree with your point but that girlfriend that I had trouble with.. I was only with her for a couple months. She was fairly new, so I can't say that hat anything to do with it.. and I definitely was attracted to her. Knowing that.. what do you think I should do? I'm desperate for a solution here..

g.i joey

Reaction score
I do on average 3-5x a week and my c*** works just fine. I also supplement with l arginine (1000mg morning, 1000mg night) and DIM. Arginine increases NO naturally and DIM lowers bad estrogen, and converts it to a healthy one(don't quote me on that but that's what I remember from a source I read). Both of those help in the effects propecia causes.

I also find an intense workout the days I know I'm gonna smash really improve my performance. You should give the smaller dosages a shot. Your libido will always come back once you stop for good, but lost hair is lost hair so you should exhaust all options.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks good, it's receding and thinning in the front though . I think without finasteride you could be Norwood 4 at minimum, I suggest you shave your head ,if you look good then you better keep your manhood. otherwise find an alternative treatment with less side effects like RU many guys on this fourm are using it you can ask them.

but I wouldn't recommend give up fighting.
male pattern baldness also have side effects.

-Low self-esteem.
-Deprresion.
-Psychosis
advanced stages Norwood 5 +
-Sucidical thoughts.

JustWantAnswers

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do on average 3-5x a week and my c*** works just fine. I also supplement with l arginine (1000mg morning, 1000mg night) and DIM. Arginine increases NO naturally and DIM lowers bad estrogen, and converts it to a healthy one(don't quote me on that but that's what I remember from a source I read). Both of those help in the effects propecia causes.

I also find an intense workout the days I know I'm gonna smash really improve my performance. You should give the smaller dosages a shot. Your libido will always come back once you stop for good, but lost hair is lost hair so you should exhaust all options.

So do you think I should do what? Take propecia full time again and take these supplements? I'm just conflicted I don't want my ED to make a full comeback.. but I don't wanna lose my hair

Your hair looks good, it's receding and thinning in the front though . I think without finasteride you could be Norwood 4 at minimum, I suggest you shave your head ,if you look good then you better keep your manhood. otherwise find an alternative treatment with less side effects like RU many guys on this fourm are using it you can ask them.

but I wouldn't recommend give up fighting.
male pattern baldness also have side effects.

-Low self-esteem.
-Deprresion.
-Psychosis
advanced stages Norwood 5 +
-Sucidical thoughts.

That's very true.. I don't want to be a bald loser either.. this has literally torn me apart so much. I don't want ED to come back 10x worse.. it can't be healthy to mess with my hormones like this.. idk what to do. What's RU? I am willing to try anything else that won't give me ED sides.. but I want to be okay overall.. what should I do? :(

abu

My Regimen
Reaction score
How in any way does this comment help me in any way? You gave me zero opinion and just put out fear. Was that your gol? I'm desperate for help and seems like people just like to spread fear around
Bro you will be all right ,just leave all these poisnous drugs , use mucuna prurien, tribulus terrestris, ashwagandha it may take 4-5 months and also avoid mastrubation .
I was suffering from Ed due to minoxidil and finastride ,but 80 percent recovered do hit gym consume high protein diet , avoid surfing internet too much enjoy life and I guarantee you you will be back to normal.
I recovered in 4 years but don't get afraid I did some mistakes , do as I said .

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ت
Bro you will be all right ,just leave all these poisnous drugs , use mucuna prurien, tribulus terrestris, ashwagandha it may take 4-5 months and also avoid mastrubation .
I was suffering from Ed due to minoxidil and finastride ,but 80 percent recovered do hit gym consume high protein diet , avoid surfing internet too much enjoy life and I guarantee you you will be back to normal.
I recovered in 4 years but don't get afraid I did some mistakes , do as I said .
for f*** sake minoxidil cant cause ed ur ed is from finasteride not minoxidil did u know that minx was used as an ed drug back in the day

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score

dont know what you're talking about. its within range and his overall T is above range