Propecia Help Forum... Wtf Insane.. Words

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aha, good question. To be honest, I'm not quite sure but as far as I know it has vit B6 and zinc and these have symbiotic effects and block DHT (there are studies behind this btw) just like fina. Here are a bunch of studies about zix: http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_30.htm

The point of zix is to just block DHT locally and not in our body, small amounts of zinc and B6 are enough to affect local tissue DHT but once in the bloodstream these quantities of zinc and B6 are too small to have any serious systemic effect in the body and even when using a topical, a part of the topical will always go into the bloodstream. (that's why I only advise small quantities when someone wants to apply topical fina)

And maybe there's a better explanation somewhere in the zix thread but I don't remember.
Ah, ok thanks for the explanation. So in the end, if you can supplement with high amounts of Zinc like 50 mg Zinc Picolinate (most absorbable form of Zinc) + 50-100 mg Vitamin b6, it should be like taking oral Zix, and at the same time, giving your body vital micronutrients. It's like hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, ok thanks for the explanation. So in the end, if you can supplement with high amounts of Zinc like 50 mg Zinc Picolinate (most absorbable form of Zinc) + 50-100 mg Vitamin b6, it should be like taking oral Zix, and at the same time, giving your body vital micronutrients. It's like hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.
Why are you so sure that'd work exactly like topical zix?

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you so sure that'd work exactly like topical zix?
Zinc is known to regulate hormonal imbalances, it's even prescribed to Acne and other skin issues. Vitamin B6 is a co-facotor in making red blood cells, these cells carry oxygen throught the body. I am not quite sure if oral Zinc and B6 would maintain hair for others same as Zix. But i see no harm either way, as the body needs these 2 micro nutrients daily. And who knows, maybe alot of people here are deficient in Zinc and/or B6.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Zinc is known to regulate hormonal imbalances, it's even prescribed to Acne and other skin issues. Vitamin B6 is a co-facotor in making red blood cells, these cells carry oxygen throught the body. I am not quite sure if oral Zinc and B6 would maintain hair for others same as Zix. But i see no harm either way, as the body needs these 2 micro nutrients daily. And who knows, maybe alot of people here are deficient in Zinc and/or B6.

Dont forget that topicals dont get broken down by the liver. Meaning a topical would need less for the same effects imo.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont forget that topicals dont get broken down by the liver. Meaning a topical would need less for the same effects imo.
And also, topicals stay basically in the scalp, not reaching even low amounts in the blood. In my opinion, it doesn't matter if a vitamin supplement gets broken down by the liver, because its bioavailability isn't depend on first pass metabolism (i.e the liver doesn't destroy the nutrition).

alphaQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sadly, Pigeon is 100% correct about all of this. 5aris, like finasteride can cause PFS. These guys don't commit suicides just because of sexual problems, they do it because of the neurosteroids that hair loss drugs mess up. There is so much evidence of this now, it's pretty clear why some people get so outraged and defensive when it comes up.

alphaQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one has "committed suicide" because of finasteride, you retarded shitstain. The reason that gold-digging wh*** CLAIMED her husband killed himself over finasteride is so she can sue Merck for millions of dollars. The irony is the dude probably killed himself because he realized he married a wh***. The only "f*****g scum" are the cretins like you who validate these w****s and their lies.

Could we get a mod to ban this a**h**? Exploiting people who committed suicide to push an anti-medicine agenda is WAY over the line.
And you need to check the facts on those lawsuits bud. People are getting a few grand MAX in class action lawsuits. Of course people who took generic 5aris, or live in countries where there are no lawsuits get nothing. It's not just one guy, there's A LOT of suicide cases in fact the founder of pfs foundation, a doctor, funded it because his son killed himself after taking propecia - google is your friend. I even found a guy on youtube, 17 years old when he got messed up from saw palmetto. Nothing to gain from that. Killed himself 4 or 5 years later

Demitri

My Regimen
Reaction score
And you need to check the facts on those lawsuits bud. People are getting a few grand MAX in class action lawsuits. Of course people who took generic 5aris, or live in countries where there are no lawsuits get nothing. It's not just one guy, there's A LOT of suicide cases in fact the founder of pfs foundation, a doctor, funded it because his son killed himself after taking propecia - google is your friend. I even found a guy on youtube, 17 years old when he got messed up from saw palmetto. Nothing to gain from that. Killed himself 4 or 5 years later
Correlation though. Balding people are more likely to take finasteride. Balding people are also more likely to commit suicide due to balding.

Sometimes its easier to blame a faceless pharmaceutical company rather than finally address the extreme stigma society has against this incurable, disfiguring disease. In fact balding is so shameful, that most people will try to hide that its the reason they killed themselves. I got suicidal thoughts for the first time in my life when I started losing my hair, NOT when I started finasteride. However if I did kill myself, people looking for answers would examine the medications I started taking prior to my death and they would draw their own conclusions. I don't believe that balding is a huge cause of suicide, but for many men who already had pre-existing issues, balding is often the straw that breaks the camels back. Just something to think about.

alphaQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Correlation though. Balding people are more likely to take finasteride. Balding people are also more likely to commit suicide due to balding.

Sometimes its easier to blame a faceless pharmaceutical company rather than finally address the extreme stigma society has against this incurable, disfiguring disease. In fact balding is so shameful, that most people will try to hide that its the reason they killed themselves. I got suicidal thoughts for the first time in my life when I started losing my hair, NOT when I started finasteride. However if I did kill myself, people looking for answers would examine the medications I started taking prior to my death and they would draw their own conclusions. I don't believe that balding is a huge cause of suicide, but for many men who already had pre-existing issues, balding is often the straw that breaks the camels back. Just something to think about.

LOL, that is a complete deflection. Finasteride ADRs in WHO database, now exceeding 17,000. Recorded suicide cases hit 80 in the USA alone. sorry, but balding doesn't cause any of the serious disorders listed here.

2689D5E5-2CC0-4363-9DF7-EA3BE926E0B4.jpeg
C4A495E5-DF3E-4C1E-8351-9D8E64302DC1.jpeg

Demitri

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL, that is a complete deflection. Finasteride ADRs in WHO database, now exceeding 17,000. Recorded suicide cases hit 80 in the USA alone. sorry, but balding doesn't cause any of the serious disorders listed here.
I don't know man, I just searched minoxidil on the same database and there were over 37,000 ADRs, tylenol was 155,000 ADRs....

Anyways so 80 suicide cases in the USA in the last 20 years of finasteride. But have you seen the tressless reddit? Every week there is some new guy threatening suicide due to hair loss, most of them haven't even tried finasteride yet. Do you really think these suicides are just because of the finasteride? More like the failure of finasteride to stop hair loss.

alphaQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know man, I just searched minoxidil on the same database and there were over 37,000 ADRs, tylenol was 155,000 ADRs....

Anyways so 80 suicide cases in the USA in the last 20 years of finasteride. But have you seen the tressless reddit? Every week there is some new guy threatening suicide due to hair loss, most of them haven't even tried finasteride yet. Do you really think these suicides are just because of the finasteride? More like the failure of finasteride to stop hair loss.

I can understand how someone looking at this may think it's hysteria, but it's really not. Most suicides (and there are far more than what is documented) happen suddenly after stopping. If you read some of the stories on PH or other forums, these people in an absolute state of TERROR- crippling anxiety, zero sexual function, muscle loss, sudden suicidal ideation, etc etc. Something changes in the weeks after stopping and it causes a crash in the nervous and endocrine system. "Lingering side effects" really doesn't describe PFS at all, although there does seem to be different severities. Then there's the mounting news stories that show an extremely shady history of propecia (not to mention Merck) as well.

Either way, these clearly aren't guys who are just bummed out about going bald. I'm sorry but balding is a ridiculous reason for suicide. Are there really people in this world so vain that going bald would be their SOLE reason for suicide? I doubt it. THOSE are the people who have pre-existing issues.

There are even more documented suicides from accutane (which also disrupts hormones), and I'm sure many just blamed that on acne..... Until they started finding hard evidence of some of the long term damages it was causing, then the original maker quietly pulled it from the market

Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its definitely finasteride. I dont think anyone can sustain becoming shorter, having the face change and melt as side effects of a drug without feeling suicidal.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can be, but most of the people here relates their depression because their dick is not functioning properly.
I was like this until I got a terrible panic attack from oral finasteride. If you are not going to get sides you are not going to get them. But if you are going to experience side effects, deceiving yourself won't help. Stop with the cope

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go get your blood work done. Start of winter/ 2020/ toilet paper Just sayin

alphaQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you feel sudden, unexplained depression and anxiety then stop taking the damn drug. Most likely you'll be fine, but finasteride inhibits powerful neurosteroids (allopregnanolone) in addition to DHT. This isn't something to take lightly. Most the doctors who prescribe this stuff are clueless, all they know is what their pharma reps tell them.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you feel sudden, unexplained depression and anxiety then stop taking the damn drug. Most likely you'll be fine, but finasteride inhibits powerful neurosteroids (allopregnanolone) in addition to DHT. This isn't something to take lightly. Most the doctors who prescribe this stuff are clueless, all they know is what their pharma reps tell them.

The vast majority of sides in finasteride are peoples homeostasis being thrown out of equilibrium. Once i started taking finasteride my sex drive went to zero, and my erectile function continued getting worse and worse over 6 months - to a point it was terrifying. Got my bloodwork done... all normal apart from prolactin.

Fortunately i got pre-bloods done before finasteride. My E alone was up 55%. As an experiment i took a few other things to normalise my bloods and voila..back to normal. IMO either going onto finasteride or coming off it can seriously throw your body into an unbalanced state.

Similar hormonal responses and their physical and mental sides have occurred from other drugs including female contraception, use of steroids etc..
Our hormonal homeostasis is incredibly important.

alphaQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could reduce risk of side effects, theoretically, but a hormonal imbalance would sort itself out eventually and this is not the case with PFS. There's also no way to test the neurosteroids that finasteride inhibits. Some of these people have been suffering decades despite having completely normal bloods. Many try hormones and antidepressants out of desperation with little results.