Propecia Hair Loss Shedding Devastation, Please Help

Fcukmylife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was already on the path to hair loss I have a brother 3 years older we both seem to have it so I can look at him and see how much more will be gone in 3 more years, I was stupidly taking fat burners for 2 months, one rare side effect was hair loss which I didn't even know about, it was T3 a thyroid medication so fluctuations in hormones cause shedding, I lost a significant amount more, same stupid body building forum I was getting info on fat burners from I was told about propecia, got on it, I'm at the beginning of month 3 and my hair has only gotten way way way worse, I'm f*****g devastated right now, if I quit now maybe I'll get back what was there before the T3 and propecia, I'm reading conflicting information some say the shedding means it's working going through a dormant / shed / growth phase and to continue with it after month 3 there will be re growth but there's others who have been on it for up to 6 months to a year and still shedding, wish I never started this crap not even mentioning complete sexual dysfunction, think I want to just quit and hope things go back to normal no point in been impotent for life, maybe down the road I could save up for a hair transplant in Turkey, can someone please advise on which option to take.

da hyuta

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im pretty new hear but from the posts i have read it seems like you arent going to notice any improvements on propecia till 6 months...and more likely a year. So it could be an initial shed. If you can keep at it, hopefully you will see some good results dude. I don't know if the fat burners would be having any type of affect on the process. Have you been using minoxidil as well? Why not get on the big 3 to improve your chances

Fcukmylife

My Regimen
Reaction score
How much worse will my shedding be in 6 months?, could end up completely bald on top, It's too much of a risk there's some guys on it 8 months to even a year and there still shedding and for some the drug does absolutely nothing, past 3 months Iv lost nearly all the thick hair I had on top, I run a comb through my hair and almost 10 hairs fall out and do I really want to be impotent for the rest of my life, probably not.

da hyuta

My Regimen
Reaction score
It varies from person to person. Minoxidil will be what gives you the new growth your looking for (from my understanding). Some people take longer to see results then others do. Also, a very very VERY small percentage of the population who take propecia experience impotency, many guys on here are taking it and experience little to no sides.

Fcukmylife

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me the sexual dysfunction as been quite noticeable was advised to split the 1.25 every other day.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have pictures of before and after? Are you taking brand name Finasteride (Propecia)?

Fcukmylife

My Regimen
Reaction score
The brand name is Fintrid, it's off prescription would assume it's generic finasteride, I have no before or after photos just Iv noticed rapid increase while on looking at my bathroom sink it's filled with hairs just from just one come through, this drug can't be for me, I need to quit cold turkey and hope the shedding reverses itself can't wait another 3 months to a year to see if it gets better then f*** that as well as been fully impotent, would rogaine be a better option for me or is there shedding with that also?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
The brand name is Fintrid, it's off prescription would assume it's generic finasteride, I have no before or after photos just Iv noticed rapid increase while on looking at my bathroom sink it's filled with hairs just from just one come through, this drug can't be for me, I need to quit cold turkey and hope the shedding reverses itself can't wait another 3 months to a year to see if it gets better then f*** that as well as been fully impotent, would rogaine be a better option for me or is there shedding with that also?

You do not seem to be someone who will be successful with any treatment as you are giving over to hysterics. Can you post pictures of your hair?

Fcukmylife

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the point of posting a now photo with no before photo to judge it by?, I am in hysterics, I flushed what was left of it, I did a 3 month trial to test for side effects and impotency was quite strong so it can't be for me to continue with it, can anyone advice on trying rogaine does that also cause shedding?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn man, I’m a little over a month in and I feel the same as you. I’m shedding like crazy and I feel like it’s getting worse. With that being said, I still think I’m going to wait it out for the next 11 months because nothing else will work.

Check out these two threads (same person months apart) for some motivation

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...finasteride-hair-looks-worse-than-ever.98169/

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/8-months-on-finasteride-keto-success.100685/

Fcukmylife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's nearly been 2 months since I stopped propecia and over 6 months since I stopped T3, I'm still shedding like crazy, 10 hairs in the sink when I brush, my hair is destroyed and has never been worse, will any of this ever reverse?, I'd almost debating sueing the clinic that prescribed it to me.

Norwood's Son

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo guys heads up on how long fina can potentially take for you to see VISIBLE results.
Sure it kicks in right away but for me, i didn't see any substantial change until the 1.5-1.7yr mark.
From then I actually saw a DRASTIC improvement.
So for ppl who don't get sides, pls just wait it out...

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo guys heads up on how long fina can potentially take for you to see VISIBLE results.
Sure it kicks in right away but for me, i didn't see any substantial change until the 1.5-1.7yr mark.
From then I actually saw a DRASTIC improvement.
So for ppl who don't get sides, pls just wait it out...
Yeah but at any point did you go exceptionally below baseline? Especially within the first few months?

Norwood's Son

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a cycle of growth and fallout. For me I noticed alot of shedding and loss every 4 ish months, but it recovered in the months to come.
All in all I was equal in the amount that I lost and gained in the first 1.5 yrs, and now there's a surplus.