Propecia Generic Vs Brand Name Propecia ?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys , does the generic propecia is as efficient as brand name? this is some french generic by big company. thx

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use ukrainian generic that costs me less than $5 for six months pack. Original Propecia here costs nearly $300 for pack.

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people have claimed decreased efficacy and other problems with generics. The reason suggested is that while the active ingredients are the same, the inactive ones are not.

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's speculative, and there's only anecdotal evidence as far as I can see. Personally, I stick with brand Propecia.

ninakecak

My Regimen
Reaction score
my husband using generic for already half a year, the result is not very good, so I can suggest you find something more effective, did you thought about transplantation?

Athlete1987

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you’re gonna use it, I’d say go with propecia. A friend mentioned that a generic manufacturer recently lost their license cos they failed to produce to the right quality.

Put it this way, if you are Merck and making huge profits you’re gonna cover every possible angle in ensuring the product meets the highest standards. If you’re making pennies, I’m guessing there is less money to invest in that kind of thing.

This is why you see issues happen with many generic makers IMO.