Propecia For 6 Years, Want To Add Some Topical For At Least Maintain, Need Some Suggestion

mkchan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to tell u all abt my story and hope it doesn’t bother you guys.

First of all, I start to know I was getting hairloss around 20 (hair line and a little bit on my crown). And of cuz I didn’t do much with it at that moment. And when I am at 27 or 28. I start to take Propecia for like 6 month, but at that moment I am pretty refuse to take and I drop It ( Cause I was thinking is too young to take medi for a whole life).

And from 2012/2013. I find out that my hair getting pretty worse, getting diffuse thin all over my head, crown and hairline. And I decide to take Propecia from that time and I still using it now (consistently and no break during this 5-6 years)

And the 5-6 year of Propecia, I would it it slow down the hairloss progress but didn’t have any regrowth.

And for last 2-3 month, I start to see I have some small and tiny hair are falling down when I wash my hair. I am not sure is Propecia are less effective after take for 5-6 year time.

And now I want to add something extra on topical treatment and try maintain (Of cuz is good if it help me to regrowth, but I think there is nothing can bite minoxidil).

I am consider to add Revivogen, Emu Oil, Tricomin or Castor oil and Nizoral shampoo. And i have some question to ask:

1) Anybody have commend or share their experience of those product (if money and greasy is not a problem)
2) what do i expect the result by using the propecia and with all those topical item? ( 1) maintain? 2) maybe a little of regrowth? 3) better and healthly scalp? )

Thanks very much all of you

Best Regards

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the options you listed, you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone who has experienced success aside from Nizoral (and almost everybody who has also is doing Finasteride and/or Minoxidil). Some people claim to have maintained on them but that’s it.

If you’re looking to regrow, the best option is to use Minoxidil 5% 2x per day + dermaroll with 1.5mm needles once per week (skipping Minoxidil for 24 hours post-dermarolling). You can find plenty of people on these forums and elsewhere who have had real success when dermarolling.

Other option is to switch from Finasteride to Dutasteride. Chance of sides are higher but if you have no sides from Finasteride it might be worth a shot. Harder to get a hold of though.