Propecia First Time User - Adjustment Period?

Craige28

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Apologies if I'm breaking any etiquette rules as I've registered purely for a bit of advice and guidance from those who have better understanding/experience.

I'm 28 years old and have been gradually receding at the hairline for the last 3 years. It's knocked my confidence for six, and I've become obsessed with it.

About a year ago I began using regaine, and although it has given me a peach like fuzz the miniturisation is still apparent and making its way to my frontal scalp.

A few months ago I decided to trypropecia. I have a friend who has been using 2 years with zero side effects. I've read all of the horror stories online so was somewhat skeptical but hoping for the best. Withing 4 days of using 1mg a day, I noticed that I was struggling to get an erection, my orgasms had dulled, and my penis at a flaccid state was seriously retracted, the kind of retraction you get from being in a cold sea, or Phys dick (after heavy exercise)

I then researched more and read all the horror stories and decided to come off.

Over the last couple of months I've decided my anxiety over thinning has become an everyday chore, so I decided to try Propecia again at a lower dose. I've started with .25mg EOD to test the waters. I'm 1.5 weeks in and I'm having exactly the same symptoms as before.

I'm able to stay erect with my girlfriend and no issues in that department at all. Orgasms are slightly dull but no issues with erections. I struggle to get an erection during masturbation however. Takes alot longer than usual.

My penis at a flaccid state has retracted just like before. It's unnerving when I whip it out to urinate and it's as though I've just come out of a freezing cold sea. It doesn't really change back to my original flaccid size unless I've had a hot shower.

I know alot of people flat out refuse to believe the penis shrinks, but I know my body well and I am 100% aware of this change.

Just a heads up really, has anyone else experienced something similar with the penis retraction/shrinking? Is it something that passes as my body gets used to Propecia, or is it something I should see as a sign my body doesn't agree with and come off ASAP? I really want to give it a good go and have heard I should try a month minimum.

Cheers guys.

Craig

INT

Reaction score
First of all, no one should ever let some stranger from the internet tell you that your sides are not real. For me, 'it is all in your head bro' is just as bad as 'just shave it bro'.

For me trying to ride out finasteride was one of the worst decisions I ever made but I am aware that I am in a minority so I will not go into detail too much in your thread. You can find it in my thread history if you are interested.

Maybe you could try this the following.
Slowly try to tapper off finasteride. One month after your last sides have gone you dissolve 0.02 in alcohol and take this on a eod schedulde. After 2 weeks build up to 0.03 and so on.

Again, safest route would be to just quit finasteride and look into alternatives but I know how bad we al want(ed) finasteride to work for us...

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Apologies if I'm breaking any etiquette rules as I've registered purely for a bit of advice and guidance from those who have better understanding/experience.

I'm 28 years old and have been gradually receding at the hairline for the last 3 years. It's knocked my confidence for six, and I've become obsessed with it.

About a year ago I began using regaine, and although it has given me a peach like fuzz the miniturisation is still apparent and making its way to my frontal scalp.

A few months ago I decided to trypropecia. I have a friend who has been using 2 years with zero side effects. I've read all of the horror stories online so was somewhat skeptical but hoping for the best. Withing 4 days of using 1mg a day, I noticed that I was struggling to get an erection, my orgasms had dulled, and my penis at a flaccid state was seriously retracted, the kind of retraction you get from being in a cold sea, or Phys dick (after heavy exercise)

I then researched more and read all the horror stories and decided to come off.

Over the last couple of months I've decided my anxiety over thinning has become an everyday chore, so I decided to try Propecia again at a lower dose. I've started with .25mg EOD to test the waters. I'm 1.5 weeks in and I'm having exactly the same symptoms as before.

I'm able to stay erect with my girlfriend and no issues in that department at all. Orgasms are slightly dull but no issues with erections. I struggle to get an erection during masturbation however. Takes alot longer than usual.

My penis at a flaccid state has retracted just like before. It's unnerving when I whip it out to urinate and it's as though I've just come out of a freezing cold sea. It doesn't really change back to my original flaccid size unless I've had a hot shower.

I know alot of people flat out refuse to believe the penis shrinks, but I know my body well and I am 100% aware of this change.

Just a heads up really, has anyone else experienced something similar with the penis retraction/shrinking? Is it something that passes as my body gets used to Propecia, or is it something I should see as a sign my body doesn't agree with and come off ASAP? I really want to give it a good go and have heard I should try a month minimum.

Cheers guys.

Craig

Before and after pics to confirm penis shrinking are needed.