Propecia/Finasteride/Equivalent in Canada?

Kalash

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been googling around but it seems like most answers to this sort of question are pretty outdated. I'm getting a script for propecia tomorrow. What's the cheapest way to get generic propecia in Canada? I've heard people recommend Walmart, but is there any reliable source online? Most sites seem pretty sketchy, but I'm also not to excited to pay $80 a month. Would it be illegal to bring back some from the states if I have a prescription?

Thanks.

g.i joey

Reaction score
generics are 60, why dont u go to ur Doctor and explain to him why proscar would be a better choice financially? gonna be dirt cheap that way, and it can also be covered since we have such great health insurance in canada:)

Kalash

Reaction score
generics are 60, why dont u go to ur Doctor and explain to him why proscar would be a better choice financially? gonna be dirt cheap that way, and it can also be covered since we have such great health insurance in canada:)

That's what I'll ask him tomorrow I suppose. How did you get it covered by insurance? As far as I know, OHIP (I'm in Ontario) won't cover drugs like proscar/propecia. I don't have any insurance through work either.

Where do you buy your Proscar?

g.i joey

Reaction score
im not covered by insurance, i pay 80 bucks a month for my propecia. Money isnt too much of a concern for me though, i also spend another 70 dollars a month on topical finasteride (been only 2 months) and another 150 a year for minoxidil.

Proscar can be bought at the same places you buy your propcia, whether it be online or in a pharmacy. I personally dont like the idea of ordering drugs online because id probably procrastinate too much and only place an order when im all out. Also, with the price of proscar and how you'll be cutting the pills, i really doubt you need any coverage. I see some people saying they spend 9 dollars a month on proscar.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I live in Canada and was prescribed Proscar after a 2 minute meeting with a walk in Doctor. 30 bucks for 4 months worth.

Kalash

Reaction score
I live in Canada and was prescribed Proscar after a 2 minute meeting with a walk in Doctor. 30 bucks for 4 months worth.

So I went to the walk-in clinic. The doctor (awesome dude) didn't recommend propecia as I have "seemingly" healthy hair and he was worried about the sides, but he said he'd prescribe it to me if I wanted it. I asked if I could get proscar, and he said yes. But he had one condition: get a blood test done before going on proscar just as a baseline to monitor any changes. Got the blood test done yesterday, and I'm getting the prescription today. I'm super happy as now I'll be able to rest easy regarding real hormonal changes.

g.i joey

Reaction score
he advised you well, at least if anything goes wrong you'll know where to look. Good luck man!

Kalash

Reaction score
Thank you! I'll post a thread in a few minutes to get some insight before I take the plunge.