Propecia during 17 years (Blood analytics)

gvt84

My Regimen
Reaction score
I attach some blood analytics. I Started with Finasteride (Propecia) on May 2004 at age of 19. Today 17 years after I´m 37 years old.

My hair is some difuse now and I´m thinking in start with dutasteride. But I have some doubts.

My DHT is stable but some high from 2015. Testosterone is really high. I don´t know if dutasteride help me in this situation. I´m thinking also in minoxidil but I´m little afraid because I have cats in my home.

Any idea?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-09-09 a las 0.47.51.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-09-09 a las 0.47.51.png
    394.8 KB · Views: 221

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really cool. Kind of goes against the fear-mongers here on forums saying that 5ar inhibitors will lower your test in the long run. I don't believe it and here's the proof.

I was on finasteride for 7 years. My hair did look worse than when I started for sure so I started dutasteride and minoxidil with microneedling and I think I'm stable now with some regrowth.

gvt84

My Regimen
Reaction score
@gvt84 Did you experience increased shedding in 2021?
Not really. And I'm not experiencing any more dandruff or itchiness. But I can see less density on all top head.

The problem in my situation I think that is the really high testosterone, and DHT not decrease in last blood samples.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your free testosterone is below normal?

FluxZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
@gvt84 Its not accurate the free T value, better to calculate with total T, SHBG, albumin.
Im looking at 03/2021 tests, assuming a medium albumin value of 4.5 your free testo is around 30 ng/dl, not an high value. ( SHBG in upper range lowers free T to a normal range).
Cortisol had increased a bit, stress period?

gvt84

My Regimen
Reaction score
@gvt84 Its not accurate the free T value, better to calculate with total T, SHBG, albumin.
Im looking at 03/2021 tests, assuming a medium albumin value of 4.5 your free testo is around 30 ng/dl, not an high value. ( SHBG in upper range lowers free T to a normal range).
Cortisol had increased a bit, stress period?
Yes but comparing all data T free is high than 2015.
About cortisol could be for the training. Some days are more hard than others. And cortisol is lot of variable comparing days.

Really I´m confused about T. I don´t know if dutasteride could put high and increase hairloss.

jazz1

Reaction score
When did you start to diffuse whilst on Finasteride?