propecia dark circles under the eye?

BigDainjerus

Reaction score
Hey guys I have been having these dark circles under my eyes, or it always looks like I haven't slept, regardless how long I do sleep. I do have some sleeping issues but even when I get plenty of rest I still look like this. Has anyone else had this issue and thinks it may be from propecia?

*i tried using the search function but it wouldn't let me open up any of the results for whatever reason.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that it will be related to something else as it's not something I've heard of before.

colfax

Reaction score
BigDainjerus, it seems that dark circles under the eyes is definitely a known issue among those that suffer side effects from propecia. Although the cause of this is still unknown, I would suggest you read up on what other side effects to look for, and what concerns you may need to be aware of:
http://www.propeciahelp.com/

biggy

Reaction score
dark circles

hey..
i've been taking propecia for just over two years now and have seen great results regarding my hair loss

but - i've notices dark circles around my eyes these last couple of months and my first guess is that it's because of the pill.

it's frustrating, to say the least, because i haven't been thinking about becoming bald for some time now (because of my good results) but now i'm considering stopping the treatment.

anyway, i've been reading some on the net and yeah, it seems to be one of the side affect to the drug.

G

Yes, dark circles is a very common side effect with finasteride. I noticed them for me as well soon after I had started. But what can you do? I want to maintain my hair at any costs. In a German forum there were some guys explaining why finasteride can cause dark circles. I couldn´t follow them intellectually but they seemt to know what they were talking about.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Taug, can you link this article and I'll use a Alta Vista to translate it? I've just recently got dark circles (under the corner of my eye) after 6 months on finasteride and I'm wondering if its related. I'm really keen to see this discussion.

Thanks mate

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
There are actually plenty of reasons why it could.

My basic understanding is that hormones affect skin thickness. By taking finasteride you create a hormone balance that (in some cases) may thin your skin. The most obvious signs of skin thinning appear around the eyes as the skin is already thin. If the skin becomes excessively thin, dark circles appear. Anyway, that's the basic idea behind that theory. There are a few others...

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
retin-A is proven to thicken up skin

Pondle

Reaction score
Skaff said:

My basic understanding is that hormones affect skin thickness. By taking finasteride you create a hormone balance that (in some cases) may thin your skin. The most obvious signs of skin thinning appear around the eyes as the skin is already thin. If the skin becomes excessively thin, dark circles appear. Anyway, that's the basic idea behind that theory. There are a few others...

Could modest increases in testosterone and estrogen, coupled with a sharp decline in DHT, affect skin thickness? Any studies out there?

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Pondle said:
Skaff said:

Could modest increases in testosterone and estrogen, coupled with a sharp decline in DHT, affect skin thickness? Any studies out there?

There quite a few out there. Here's one:

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v124/ ... 2637a.html

resu

Reaction score
No, the fat is gone and you need plastic surgery to fill those in and you end up looking like Trump.

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello mate, also on the same issue now..
just two questions for you

1) Do you smoke

2) Do people in your family who dont take finasteride have these bags?

JohnDoe989

My Regimen
Reaction score
What you can try to do for your dark circles:

1. Limit minoxidil at once per day and in the morning. Don't sweat so it doesn't go to the face and always wash hair after 4h.
2. Use a sunprotection cream SPF 50 pref, before you go out in the sun. (Always if UV is over 5)
3. Before you go to sleep try using : liquid vit C and vit K - apply under eye and let it for 3-5 min. After try applying a retinol(vit A cream) over it and leave it for at least one hour or over the night.
4. Massage the face. You can reduce the pressure on vessels under eye by massaging the skin and fat tissue u have on the cheek bone. If you can reduce the fat there and over the whole face, the overall "depth" of the eye will be reduced. Video down below. You can do it after you apply the night cream for 5-10 min.

As a man with genetic dark circles and using minoxidil daily this is what i have been using in the last 2 months with success.

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been having these dark circles under my eyes, or it always looks like I haven't slept, regardless how long I do sleep. I do have some sleeping issues but even when I get plenty of rest I still look like this. Has anyone else had this issue and thinks it may be from propecia?

*i tried using the search function but it wouldn't let me open up any of the results for whatever reason.

mate how are you now??

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
Taug, can you link this article and I'll use a Alta Vista to translate it? I've just recently got dark circles (under the corner of my eye) after 6 months on finasteride and I'm wondering if its related. I'm really keen to see this discussion.

Thanks mate

any news??