propecia causing shedding & unriantion problems

Manhood

Reaction score
hi,

I have been on propecia for close to 2 months now. The only other thing I am taking in Nizoral only take that 2 times a week. I have a 2 part question.

1. I am starting to shed more now after 2 months of taken propecia is that common? Since I am starting to shed I am afraid to start Minoxidil in fear that it will increase my shedding. Do you think it will if I start now?

2. When I first started taking propecia I experienced some testicular problems for about 4 days. It went away on it's own. I am starting to experience a problem where I have to go to the washroom (urination) a lot. Maybe 7 times a day. It only lasts for a few days each month. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

thanks

daxa

Reaction score
Yes, i started mix after being 3,5 months on propecia.
And i started to shed more.
I had the same worries as you had, but it will
grow back.

So if anyone makes a remark that im thinning, i will just reply that i used some pills for hartburn, that caused me to lose hair, but i have stopped now and it will grow back.

After all shedding is a sign of good things to come.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
It's likely but not certain that you will shed more when you start Min. It sucks but most guys get through it.

I experienced testi pain the first week, then more frequent than usual peeing for about 3 months. Then all was fine. At no time did I ever feel that something was wrong.

jerry grant

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
while propecia maybe the culprit, drinking too much water could be also, dont jump to any conclusions

KRAMER

Reaction score
I have some testicular pain daily. It isn't too bad now but it is still there. No urniation or shedding problems as of now. The old limp noodle problem is back though. I am good for about 10 to 15 minutes and then shrivel city.

Loopydude

Reaction score
urination

I had this experience (more frequent urination) on finasteride. I also had another, rather embarassing problem: The old wet spot on the front of my khakis. I'd take a whiz, shake like crazy, squeeze, shake again...no use. Five minutes later, it looked like I peed myself.

A few months after I stopped taking finasteride, this problem went away. I can now sit through a movie again without running to the men's room. And no embarassing spot on the front of my trousers.

I can only hazard a guess: It made my prostate shrink, which made keeping the sphincter that regulates the flow of urine to the urethra closed more difficult. This also may have made it more difficult to prevent some leakage after, well, taking a leak. So, it would also explain the unwanted "urinary retention"-type spots, like a bulls-eye on my pants showing the world where the wet-end of my johnson was.

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, i hate that stuff, i also hate when propecia shrinks your penis and gives you a*** leakage

they should take it off the market