Propecia causing brain fog and agressiveness/anxiety

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately off and onn for about 7 years, and propecia always seems to cause me a brain fog and increased agitation/anxiety, not to a severe level whatsoever, but significant enough to be noticed.

Im very depressed over this and am thinkiinng about discontinuing. i also get a headache especially after i havent taken a pill for a few days.

could this drug be addictive or dangerous for the body in any way?

someone let me know, thanks.

Elronir

Reaction score
Look, its virtually impossible that Propecia can cause brain frog, memory lost, anxiety,etc. I don't know for the headache, but it might be normal because your corpse dht will come back after 3 days and sometime the corpse will not accept the change and react differently for a while (ie increase blood pressure that could cause your headache).

In my opinion, you might want to get some help from a psychologist instead of blaming the drug, because its alway easyer to blame something else for our own problem :)

Good luck,
Frank

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
ok well either way, its causing some strange symptoms and im not sure if i should wait it out, or just stop taking it for a while.

and what exactly do you mean by corpse? lol

beaner

Reaction score
Elronir said:
Look, its virtually impossible that Propecia can cause brain frog, memory lost, anxiety,etc.

Frank

Totally untrue. While it's not a documented side of the clinical trials for Propecia, the eventual increase in estrogen can in SOME men trigger these side effects. This is probably not the case in most users, but in those with already higher than normal estrogen levels, this is something that can certainly happen.

aibo82

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I have depersonalisationdisorder wich is like feeling unreal half the time and it made my usual head fog far worse only after 1 pill so them do something!

Pondle

Reaction score
beaner said:
Elronir said:
Look, its virtually impossible that Propecia can cause brain frog, memory lost, anxiety,etc.

Frank

Totally untrue. While it's not a documented side of the clinical trials for Propecia, the eventual increase in estrogen can in SOME men trigger these side effects. This is probably not the case in most users, but in those with already higher than normal estrogen levels, this is something that can certainly happen.

I thought that, if anything, the higher estrogen levels might have a POSITIVE effect on mental well being - http://www.springerlink.com/content/q14m35748k2r8677/

Elronir

Reaction score
Pondle said:
beaner said:
Elronir said:

Frank

I thought that, if anything, the higher estrogen levels might have a POSITIVE effect on mental well being - http://www.springerlink.com/content/q14m35748k2r8677/

I was thinking exactly the same ^^. I just finished my first year in medecine ( in french to explain my bad english :hairy: ) and I've yet to found a book that was saying that an increase in estrogen level can cause these symptoms.

@ Nickie corpse=body sorry ^^ and can you tell me how old are you?, if you got a lot of body hair? That would help me.