PROPECIA CAN KILL YOUR HAIR.

G

I AM ABSOLUTELY BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT CONVINCED...

That in ALOT of cases, Propecia has the reverse effect than intended.

For some people Propecia causes acne and thins their hair.

For most, it reduces acne and thickens hair.

For me.. it MURDERED my hair (not not a shed!) and gave me UNBELIEVEABLE acne. I then tried Avodart and BAM same thing again.

Ironically I threw spironolactone in a test patch over 1 month and BAM, hair thickened up.

For the first kind.. I am CERTAIN that it is TESTOSTERONE doing more of the harm than DHT. Perhaps its the diffuse thinners? There is some sort of link between these people.

If Propecia has given you acne or made your hair worse please tell me

1. Your age
2. Your ethnicity
3. Your hair loss status

I think the ONLY way to save your hair in this case is spironolactone. You cant play with your DHT levels since it'll make it worse, so at least protect your receptors and get some spironolactone down those follicles.

Call me crazy, tell me it's against the laws of hairloss.. but you wait and see when it's revealed for some people TEST is a main factor.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
just cut off your balls

abcdefg

Reaction score
Heres the problem i cant walk into wal mart and buy spironolactone. I cant walk into a doctors office and say i want a prescription for spironolactone for my hairloss. You cant find any spironolactone from any reliable sources.

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
feel slightly greasy, hair looks oily a day after wash

and also theres a few little pimple sized things near my hairline. only a few and they're barely noticeable... similarities?

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Almost 9 months on finasteride and my hair looks like crap! I am around 40 percent of baselien density and depressed beyond belief! Prior to finasteride I was on topical spironolactone and minoxidil for 3-4 years and my hairloss was EXTREMELY slow. I have lost more hair in the last 9 months than in the past 4 years! I wish I had never started.

I do agree in some cases it may be Testosterone doing most of the damage to the follicle and not DHT. Recently I ran out of spironolactone for about a month and my hair loss seemed to worsen.

Viper

G

bold said:
so non-diffuse thinners are ok?

I have no idea. But my cousin with male pattern baldness has propecia working for him.

I'm not going to say yes/no till I try this on other bald mates.

hairforce9

Established Member
Reaction score
so are you saying that if your on finasteride and your noticing acne then chances are your future in relation to hair improvment is grim? and if your not experienceing acne then god speed?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: feel slightly greasy, hair looks oily a day after wash

sammo said:
and also theres a few little pimple sized things near my hairline. only a few and they're barely noticeable... similarities?

Wow dude I have the same thing. Noone can really notice em' but if I run my fingers across my hairline you could feel small bumps. I also noticed that on one side of my head alot of acne scars from the past exist but on the other half it's pretty clear. On the side with acne scars, that half of my head the hair loss is more diffuse compared to the clear half.

[youtube:19f16]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIFIVr032Eg[/youtube:19f16]

G

hairforce9 said:
so are you saying that if your on finasteride and your noticing acne then chances are your future in relation to hair improvment is grim? and if your not experienceing acne then god speed?

Its definately related.

If propecia is giving you acne.. then in your body, it isn't DHT causing acne, its testosterone. And if testosterone is giving you acne, then chances are it will also be killing your hair.

In this circumstance, using Propecia is BAD. Using ANY oral DHT inhibitor is BAD. Your only option are anti-androgens. You have protect your hair from testosterone.

You can't inhibit testosterone safely. So protect your androgen receptors.

You'll find you respond with spironolactone quite well.

hairforce9

Established Member
Reaction score
Jebus posts like this make me more reluctant to try propecia.

I noticed a thinning area down the middle of my scalp 2.5 years ago but i never thought i was balding, may hairline was perfect same with my crown and no one noticed or said anything. However, last summer i broke up with my gf after 2 years in June which impacted me negaitively and 3 months later in aug i noticed my hair thinning ALOT, my hairline was deteriorating and that thinning area down the middle expanded (i dont have a bald spot its just a decrease in density). I finally got over the breakup in april of this year and started meds in may (only rogiane). I really dont think i have male pattern baldness so i saw a derm and she said i have Telogen Effluvium from listening to my story and partial male pattern baldness just by looking at my scalp. Anyways while on rogaine my hair definately thickened i shed alot less then prior to rogaine applications but i can still see my scalp through my hairline. i dunno if rogaine is working or my Telogen Effluvium is reversing and im temped to start propecia to complete the BIG 3 but im scared propecia will do more worse then good. my plan is to start propecia in nov so then ill have been on rogaine for 6 months and if ive gotten really good results then there is no need for propecia. what do you think?

hairforce9

Established Member
Reaction score
also i would like to add that just before starting rogaine in may i noticed a little bald circle on my chin about the size of a popcorn seed. its filled in a little but is still noticable now. I understand this has to do with stess and propecia does not help with stress related hairloss. I dunno if this patch on my chin correlates to the hair on my head. so if you have any thoughts i would like to know. thanks

bubka

Reaction score
hairforce9 said:
Jebus posts like this make me more reluctant to try propecia.

I noticed a thinning area down the middle of my scalp 2.5 years ago but i never thought i was balding, may hairline was perfect same with my crown and no one noticed or said anything. However, last summer i broke up with my gf after 2 years in June which impacted me negaitively and 3 months later in aug i noticed my hair thinning ALOT, my hairline was deteriorating and that thinning area down the middle expanded (i dont have a bald spot its just a decrease in density). I finally got over the breakup in april of this year and started meds in may (only rogiane). I really dont think i have male pattern baldness so i saw a derm and she said i have Telogen Effluvium from listening to my story and partial male pattern baldness just by looking at my scalp. Anyways while on rogaine my hair definately thickened i shed alot less then prior to rogaine applications but i can still see my scalp through my hairline. i dunno if rogaine is working or my Telogen Effluvium is reversing and im temped to start propecia to complete the BIG 3 but im scared propecia will do more worse then good. my plan is to start propecia in nov so then ill have been on rogaine for 6 months and if ive gotten really good results then there is no need for propecia. what do you think?
sounds like you are going bald, a girlfriend breakup is not going to cause you to bald in one spot... :roll:

hairforce9

Established Member
Reaction score
im not balding in one spot i have a diffuse patter form back to front. and i started shedding heavily 3 months after the breakup. so u dunno. when i saw the derm i asked if there were any tests she could do to determine if the was Telogen Effluvium or mbp and she said no. like most ppl say on this site derms dont take hairloss patients seriously. anyways ive decided to go on propecia beginning of nov.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys, where on inhousepharmacy can i get spironolactone cream? i can only see tablets!! cheers.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
It's very complicated.

It's not about white or black.

See sig.

Also, there is no testosterone in your scalp tissue. Maybe what you want to say, is that PROPECIA increases T levels, and thus your DHT levels increase. If that is your point, then you could be right.

In my case PROPECIA only worked in the crown.

My temples are fucked up already. But they were not fucked up by PROPECIA. They were fucked up by the inevitable male pattern baldness process. That's what you need to understand.

With the current alternatives of drugs, treatments, etc, soon or late everyone gets bald or at least reaches the degree of male pattern baldness that the were programmed to reach.