Propecia and this community

vogs

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on this community for awhile, and just can't belive how can people be so guilable ( myself included) to the point of not realising the investement that has been made to push Propecia down the throats of the consumers that frequente this sort of communities.

Propecia is not and cannot be an issue because the finasteride brigade wont even allow a minimum margin for debate.

I am fully aware that no one is obliged to take the drug, but one should not be obliged to simply accept the missinformation that is provided by a company wh’s only intention is to make money with a product that does not provide solid evidence of the results it markets.

There is NO SOLID evidence of the efficiency of the product. Everythig that surrounds the is ambigugous. The scientific method simply refutes non-concrete evidence. A drug that works merely in MISTIRIOUS conditions is NOT proven efficient. Even the fotographic evidence provided by Merk is unconclusive.

Proven efficiency does not imply that the drug will work in every case, but the conditions in which the drug will not work are clearly enumerated.

And please don’t bring up FDA, unless you trully belive that there are no financial implications at stake.

A waste of health and money.

G

Give me something that has 100% results and I will take it now!!!

vogs

Established Member
Reaction score
traxdata said:
Give me something that has 100% results and I will take it now!!!

Like I said, there is no such thing. But the conditions in which a drug does not work are enumerated.

G

I do agree with you though. It's very hit and miss at the moment. But after 1 year on finasteride I can say that I would be in a worse situation. So I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

Well there is one thing that you did fail to miss that is 100 sure of getting your hair back to a reasonable condition. ?????

vogs

Established Member
Reaction score
traxdata said:
I do agree with you though. It's very hit and miss at the moment. But after 1 year on finasteride I can say that I would be in a worse situation. So I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

Well there is one thing that you did fail to miss that is 100 sure of getting your hair back to a reasonable condition. ?????

Glad it has worked for you. Wish we knew why though.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Because it reduces DHT.

I'm not sure what you are ranting about to be completely honest with you.

G

I think finasteride will only work if you don't have agressive hair loss. People who suffer hair loss at a young age, like norwood two at 20 have no chance imo

vogs

Established Member
Reaction score
hairschmair said:
Because it reduces DHT.

Does it?

And if so, why does it not work equaly for every individual?

vogs

Established Member
Reaction score
traxdata said:
I think finasteride will only work if you don't have agressive hair loss. People who suffer hair loss at a young age, like norwood two at 20 have no chance imo

Mmm but even that is relative.

The bottom line is, balding, in some people is a natural process, which makes it almost impossible to fight.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
vogs said:
hairschmair said:
Because it reduces DHT.

Does it?

Yes. Blood measurements confirm this.

Nothing works the same for every individual. male pattern baldness does not work the same for every individual, as I'm sure you've noticed.

vogs

Established Member
Reaction score
hairschmair said:
vogs said:
hairschmair said:
Because it reduces DHT.

Does it?

Yes. Blood measurements confirm this.

Nothing works the same for every individual. male pattern baldness does not work the same for every individual, as I'm sure you've noticed.

I think you are missing my point.

My issue is: the conditions in which the results differ should be enumerated.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think its indisputable that finasteride reduces DHT otherwise it wouldnt be prescribed as a prostate drug.

I think its also indisputable that DHT also plays a large role in male pattern baldness.

Its lack of effectiveness for some must revolve around the extent to which it actually blocks DHT and an individuals sensitivity to DHT.

dw99

Reaction score
vogs, yes, finasteride does reduce DHT which is responsible for hair loss in many (but not all) cases of male pattern baldness. although, i doubt there will ever be a 100% cure for hairloss (outside of surgical hair restoration) as hairloss is extrememly complex and in my opinion can have a multitude of causes and/or contributing factors such as diet, stress, hormones, nutrient deficiencies, other health conditions (i.e. hypothyroidism) and of course DHT just to name a few. to expect a drug to cure hair loss for all who suffer from it would be impossible by a LONG shot. just my two cents.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Merck isn't hiding an obvious list of criterias that determines how well Propecia will work for you. The enumeration that you speak of is probably as complex as the criterias that cause male pattern baldness in the first place. It's genetic, different in each person and no one really knows exactly how it works.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
vogs said:
hairschmair said:
Because it reduces DHT.

Does it?

Propecia is a drug.Just like other drugs it may work differently for Individuals.

Thats an understood factt hat u have to take note of.In the case of male pattern baldness , its in a different light and so its exaggerated.

For rg. u get down on flu, u take medicines to cure it faster but in the end evetually the flu will go away by itself.But male pattern baldness no...So thats what i meant
Its similar to a life and death situation

johnboy

Reaction score
I will say this, I have been off my finasteride for 3 weeks now and just have been so busy. Tomorrow I am getting it refilled. Every four months or so I will go on a brief break like this but when the 3rd week rolls around I begin to start the fallout process all over again. I dont mean a couple of stray hairs coming out every now and then. But if I deliberatly run my hand over my hair several hairs will fall out. And process may repeat as much as desired. Thats when its time to go back on. So your statement as to finasteride being a scam. No. No its not. Expensive habit, yes. Bottom line is, you are not going to lose hair like you were, and thats what you want. Its ok if you want to vent.