Propecia and testosterone levels???

LeonPhelps07

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I have heard that people taking Propecia have had a hard time burning fat and gaining muscle. But this doesn't make sence to me because Propecia raises your test levels which would cause you to build muscle and burn for better. Whats up with this????

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
I think DHT does have some ergogenic properties and has a role in body composition. That said, I haven't noticed much change in my physique. I'm 4 months on.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride almost a year, i seem to be gaining a little bit of fat BUT also muscle as I've changed my gym routine which means that i eat a lot more than i used to and do more heavy weights.

I don't think its gonna make you not fit into your current clothes, but you may notice a very small increase like i have.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
i took proscar for 14 months and now im taking avodart. I had no problems with building muscle or burning fat. Some times at work i felt a bit weaker but that's probably a side effect of my sh*t sleeping patterns.

one thing i noticed since starting avodart is that my m3 power is struggling to shave my facial hair, even with a new blade. Maybe im just imagining things or my blades are faulty but man it feels like those hairs are getting strong.

Felk

Reaction score
nervx said:
i took proscar for 14 months and now im taking avodart. I had no problems with building muscle or burning fat. Some times at work i felt a bit weaker but that's probably a side effect of my $#iT sleeping patterns.

one thing i noticed since starting avodart is that my m3 power is struggling to shave my facial hair, even with a new blade. Maybe im just imagining things or my blades are faulty but man it feels like those hairs are getting strong.

Hmmm that probably isnt a good sign though!

The androgens which cause hair on our heads to fall out, are the same androgens which cause facial hair to grow!

Goingat20

Reaction score
Felk i cant even come close to having a beard. I shave every couple of weeks, as i have very little facial hair. Could it be related to avo?

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Felk said:
nervx said:
i took proscar for 14 months and now im taking avodart. I had no problems with building muscle or burning fat. Some times at work i felt a bit weaker but that's probably a side effect of my $#iT sleeping patterns.

Hmmm that probably isnt a good sign though!

The androgens which cause hair on our heads to fall out, are the same androgens which cause facial hair to grow!

chances are i'll end up screwed in the end but since starting avodart far less hair has been falling out so i don't really see the facial hair thing being bad....

shh5455

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm on fincar and haven't noticed any negative side effects in terms of working out. I have been losing fat and gaining mucle. In fact I have been making more gains than before I started finasteride, but I can't say conclusively that it's due to the finasteride. It could just be that I've been consistent and am working really hard.