propecia and sperm count

davex

Reaction score
I took propecia for 3 years with good results and then stopped 3 years ago as i got married and never knew when i may have kids- my wife is now pregnant. Since stopping taking the propecia i lost a lot of hair thati retained with propecia

i didnt want to take it again until i had all the kids i wanted probably one or two more becvause of the birth defect warning and also the fact that some people say that propecia can lower your sperm count

however i really need to go back on this or i will loose all my hair- does anyone know if you can try for child while taking propecia (i.e if in your sperm can it cause defects?)

also how long do you have to be off it for it to be completely out of your system- i.e 6 months before trying for a baby

i am thinking to take it for 2 years then when i try for my next child to stop 3 months in advance- i am just worried that it will lower my sperm count and affect ability to try for kids in the future

anyone got any suggestions?

anayak76

Reaction score
I think I read on Dr Lee's website to lay off the Propecia for 2 weeks before trying to have procreative sex. His site is minoxidil.com.

Maybe ask a doctor or pharmacist about this as well.