Propecia and receding hairlines

bobblehatbob

Reaction score
Hey there - basically I have a receding hairline, but not to the extent that anyone else can notice it (I've asked tons of people, including my friend with premature baldness, and they all think I'm crazy). It's something I've been worried about for months, and despite everyone's denials, I can see clearly it is thinner at the temples than in the middle, which surely means a receding hairline.

My question is this - if I started taking Propecia say, tomorrow, would it simply stop my hairline receding? The impression I'm getting is that it's designed primarily for thinning at the crown, rather than a receding hairline. I'm not particularly bothered about regrowth, given it's at the stage that noone can really notice. Would Propecia be likely to simply stop recession in its tracks indefinitely? Would it have any effect on the thickness of the hair?

Thanks very much for this - I'm a tad worried about it obviously because I'm 19, and slightly bemused because the only baldness genes in my family come from my father who started going bald when he was in his 40s; noone on my mother's side have gone bald. Grr

Thanks again, take care :)

G

bobblehatbob said:
Hey there - basically I have a receding hairline, but not to the extent that anyone else can notice it (I've asked tons of people, including my friend with premature baldness, and they all think I'm crazy). It's something I've been worried about for months, and despite everyone's denials, I can see clearly it is thinner at the temples than in the middle, which surely means a receding hairline.

My question is this - if I started taking Propecia say, tomorrow, would it simply stop my hairline receding? The impression I'm getting is that it's designed primarily for thinning at the crown, rather than a receding hairline. I'm not particularly bothered about regrowth, given it's at the stage that noone can really notice. Would Propecia be likely to simply stop recession in its tracks indefinitely? Would it have any effect on the thickness of the hair?

Thanks very much for this - I'm a tad worried about it obviously because I'm 19, and slightly bemused because the only baldness genes in my family come from my father who started going bald when he was in his 40s; noone on my mother's side have gone bald. Grr

Thanks again, take care :)

Propecia would help you retain your hairline but not likely all by itself and not forever. I would use propeica with minoxidil and nizoral. The research section of this website has all the info on the science behind these treatments and why they work better together.

Now is the time to start.

Good luck :lol: