Propecia and Nizora alone?

bobblehatbob

Reaction score
People - some quick advice if possible - would be very much appreciated!

If you've only just started to develop a receding hairline, do you reckon some Propecia and Nizoral will be enough to save you? minoxidil seems a howge effort to use, in that you have to use it twice a day with 12 hours between which hardly seems designed for a uni student like myself. Do you reckon that Propecia combined with Nizoral 4* a week or whatever will almost certainly - at the very least - prevent further recession? That in itself would be fine, I'm not that bothered about regrowth. Or will this do nothing?

And as regards sheds - I hear with both minoxidil/propecia this is inevitable. Will these sheds be noticeable to other people when they occur (i.e. hair falling out left right and centre) and will this temporarily mean a receding hairline will look more visible?

Thanks again! xx

Reaction score
I am no expert by any means, but I think you can get away with that.

finasteride to keep what you have
minoxidil to regrow
nizoral to keep healthy scalp.

Since you don't want no regrowth, you are probably OK with your approach.

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
These 2 should help you maintain your hair count, but for maximum regrowth you need to apply minoxidil. Plain and simple!

maddoc23

Established Member
Reaction score
Bob,

Propecia and nizoral is an excellent starting option. You will most certainly see results, and the results you get may be enough where minoxidil is not needed. If not, you can always start minoxidil a year later.

D

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Agreed Maddoc!

Pace yourself.

HairLossTalk.com

zaireeka

Reaction score
that is all i am using. i havent lost enough to be worried about regrowth fortunately. i really wouldnt care if nothing grew back at all, i just dont want to lose anymore. so im going to give this 9 months or whatever your meant to give it (as long as i dont scared off by all these stories that seem to be coming up of raised estrogen levels, etc) and see how it goes..