propecia and men with strong jaw lines

g.i joey

Reaction score
so ive been reading around lately at people making claims that after years on propecia they lost their jaw line or they acquired something called "hamster face", which im guessing is a term for puffy/bloated cheeks.

Im interested in hearing peoples stories if they noticed such a thing or havent. Im pretty proud of my jawline (get complimented on it alot) and im overweight a little so i could imagine how strong it would be if i dropped 30 pounds! Without it id prob go insane knowing im going bald without a decent jaw line.. My brother the other day said he noticed his jawline shows less (didnt blame it on finasteride or anything).

I wanna keep taking finasteride due to sides being inexistent and the fact that im a little over 2 months in and its keeping my hair where it is (at the least). Idk if id be willing to give up my jaw line for hair and thats the dilemma i am in right now, so id love to hear some stories about how finasteride has effected your facial structure or hasnt at all!

shookwun

Reaction score
Are you referring to getting fat and loosing yur jaw line or loosing your jaws bone density?

Either way it's bro science.

Hamster/moon/ fat face is a matter of having high body fat and nothing more.

Do not pull this water retention caRd.
.... makes me laugh everytime

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just fat distribution, doubt finasteride can actually change bone structure if that's what they are claiming. I know HRT makes those who transition into women faces rounder. Lose weight your jawline/cheekbones will show more.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
My facial structure hasn't been affected at all, being on Dutasteride. Just less hair loss. :alien:

sadOrange

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man that would be really scaring. Those who do try to change gender doesn't their face shift a bit though?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
People claiming that are probably just gaining weight and putting on fat because they are depressed about their hair loss situation or "PFS." You would be shocked how different your jawline is after losing or gaining 10 pounds. Bone structure remains the same regardless though.

And even more likely than that it is lighting. I have photos from way back some where my jaw looks defined as hell and others where it doesn't look too great. And I have been told I have a pretty defined jaw. It is literally the way you position your head and the lighting of the picture. I have seen posts where people claim propecia killed their jawline with pics. And sure the jaw line looks different, but so is the lighting and the way their head is positioned. Look in the mirror with good lighting and **** lighting and you will see what I am talking about.

shookwun

Reaction score
Mire zyzz' Jaw?

Dat lean shredd doesn't lie

No jaw = fat boy

[video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=m4R0lc0tT-Q[/video]

jd_uk

Reaction score
Are you referring to getting fat and loosing yur jaw line or loosing your jaws bone density?

Increase in estrogen and lowered free testosterone though..

Like stated, HRT can change the face shape.

- - - Updated - - -

Mire zyzz' Jaw?

Dat lean shredd doesn't lie

No jaw = fat boy

[video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=m4R0lc0tT-Q[/video]

Car crash stuff.

g.i joey

Reaction score

i dont think finasteride could change your bone structure to any extent, that is nuts. But i do believe the increased estrogen can cause some water retention or even abloated look in some mens faces, kind of like how spironolactone feminizes and rounds a face but obviously to a much much much lesser extent. I mean im 2 months in and got a hair cut and beard line up today and my face looks great.

I started this thread just to gauge some of the long time users opinion on if they noticed any changes, i personally dont believe this is a actual problem for someone who stays healthy on finasteride.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so ive been reading around lately at people making claims that after years on propecia they lost their jaw line or they acquired something called "hamster face", which im guessing is a term for puffy/bloated cheeks.

Im interested in hearing peoples stories if they noticed such a thing or havent. Im pretty proud of my jawline (get complimented on it alot) and im overweight a little so i could imagine how strong it would be if i dropped 30 pounds! Without it id prob go insane knowing im going bald without a decent jaw line.. My brother the other day said he noticed his jawline shows less (didnt blame it on finasteride or anything).

I wanna keep taking finasteride due to sides being inexistent and the fact that im a little over 2 months in and its keeping my hair where it is (at the least). Idk if id be willing to give up my jaw line for hair and thats the dilemma i am in right now, so id love to hear some stories about how finasteride has effected your facial structure or hasnt at all!

Sigh, it seems like every time I come on these forums ther's some new Finasteride side effect/scare story to worry about. I did a quick Google search on this and ther's not a great deal of information but what studies have been done seem to suggest that it's unlikely blocking DHT can have a negitive effect on your bone density or facial structure. However, as with a lot of the sides associated with finasteride, the studies were still inconclusive. It does worry and frustrate me a bit that ther's so much uncertainty with some of these sides.............

Woodyy

Reaction score
I can't believe people are even considering the idea that finasteride will change a fully developed adult male's bone structure.

At most the elevated estrogen levels will cause a bit more water retention and/or fat gain, this can easily be offset by anti-e's or aromatase inhibitors..

g.i joey

Reaction score
I can't believe people are even considering the idea that finasteride will change a fully developed adult male's bone structure.

At most the elevated estrogen levels will cause a bit more water retention and/or fat gain, this can easily be offset by anti-e's or aromatase inhibitors..

i agree that bone structure wont be changed with something like finasteride, thats wayyy too farfetched, but still even just water retention would suck to have, if i noticed it on myself eventually id probably have to re evaluate my decision of taking it... and imo anti e's and aromatose inhibitors arent an "easy" fix, considering you're taking finasteride long term.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Forgive my ignorance but what are aromatase inhibitors? Are they easy to get and any risks/sides associated with them?

g.i joey

Reaction score
AI's deplete all your estrogen in your body, something like letrozole gets rid of almost ALL your estrogen. its basically the equivalent to dutasteride but for estrogen. Also, people could use SERM's to help regulate their estrogen without depleting it throughout the whole body. Both these drugs are used for female breast cancer but they also help people who are in the starting stages of gyno, this sole reason is why its so spoken about over here and on bodybuilding forums.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as I know, there are no competent studies delineating what kind of men are more prone to propecia side effects.

You're basically playing Russian Roulette twice over. You don't know the odds nor what affects the odds.

shookwun

Reaction score
To even ask this question is embarrassing.

Lmao every time I see this thread I keep thinking the same thing.

Real simple: Don't have an exposed jawline, and visible cheek bones... You're fat.

I always lol at people talking to me about water bloat, pretty much non-exsistant for people who are not taking endogenous hormones.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Lmao every time I see this thread I keep thinking the same thing.

Real simple: Don't have an exposed jawline, and visible cheek bones... You're fat.

I always lol at people talking to me about water bloat, pretty much non-exsistant for people who are not taking endogenous hormones.

I'm sorry dude but you're reall underestimating estrogen. A lot of bodybuilder a take AIs to completely get rid of all the water weight on them. So if you reverse the concept an increase in Estro could definitely bloat you up.

I believe in the water retention theory especially if you're eating a high sodium diet. Like I said I'm nearing 3 months now and still don't have any water retention but it's definitely a possibility that the increase in Estro can bloat your face.

I feel like members on this forum are so biased on either end of the finasteride spectrum. I try to look at it from a neutral PoV and realistically Estro can cause water retention