Propecia and intense nausea/abdominal pain.

youngbaldie

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I got a prescription of propecia finally. I have taken 1 pill every day for a week. Well, yesterday and today I have developed awfully painful stomach cramps and I feel intense nausea that gets worse with eating.

No sexual problems. A little tired though.

Can abdominal pain/nausea be a side effect of propecia? I should note that I take propecia first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I don't eat for a few hours afterwards to help with absorption.

Could this be causing my terrible pain? Has anyone else ever had this side effect?

beaner

Reaction score
Never heard of that happening. Did you ever think you might have a stomach bug or something totally unrelated to finasteride? You should probably go see a doctor if you're having stomach pains and intense nausea rather than asking folks on a hairloss forum. It could be something serious and it's very unlikely it's finasteride related in my opinion.

youngbaldie

Established Member
Reaction score
Could be just a stomach virus. True.

I just hope its not because I take propecia on an empty stomach. I know that when I take a multivitamin without anything to eat, it rips up my stomach. Hope its not the same case here, can't see why it would be.

beaner

Reaction score
Stop taking it for a day or two and then start taking it with food. It doesn't need to be taken on an empty stomach. If it was causing your nausea, that should take care of the problem. If not, then you know you should see a doctor.

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Youngbaldie I been taking propecia 7 days and I have desame feeling when I take propecia after eating, A slight abdominal pain but usually goes away. I also feel really bloated but according to my pharmacist ,she said propecia can be taken with food or a empty stomach. I'm going to try it with a empty stomach to see how it goes.

MGZ

Established Member
Reaction score
It's been a month and I'm experiencing nausea and mild abdomen pain.

The nausea was very present today during my workout, also I'm getting muscle aches and the gym seems more difficult.

Erections/sex drive are the same as a month ago, morning wood still present.

I'm going to make some adjustments and get back to you all.

Cr@ig

Reaction score
Similar sides for me. I have been on Propecia for 2 months now, at the two month mark I'm seeing good results as it seemingly has stopped my hair-loss - and at the very most I shed 1-3 hairs a day.

However as soon as those results started taking effect I now have annoying stomach aches - occasionally it will shift to back pain - kind of gets better and then takes a turn for the worst again. Been going on for 5 days now.

Not sure if I should ride it out - I might ask a doctor but I fear he will advise me to stop taking my propecia.