propecia and insurance

jayman33

Reaction score
is anyone getting there insurance to cover propecia? my insurance put it through but charged me what it would cost without insurance. pharmacy said there is no generic for this yet. has anyone had any experience with this yet?.......................thx!

G

very few insurance companies will cover propecia because it is prescribed for hair loss 99% of the time. the drug was created to cover propecia.

a lot of companies will cover proscar because it is typically prescribed for the prostate but it is insurance fraud if you submit a claim for coverage for any reason other than prostate. if you are lucky maybe your doctor will write it for you to use as directed and then your insurance company will probably cover it. if you take your script to a pharmacy and they run it through your insurance and they cover it then you aren't legally liable for it. it's only if you have to submit claims yourself and you lie that you could be in legal trouble.

a few companies will cover a portion of the avodart cost for hair loss.

jayman33

Reaction score
ok jayman thx, i"ll try it. what"s the difference? is it more mg per pill. i see some people were cutting the does into 1/4"s or something.

r1989

Reaction score
Proscar comes in 5mg, Propecia is 1mg. People split Proscar into four and take 1.25 mg per day. From what I've heard there's no real difference between 1mg and 1.25 mg.

G

jayman33 said:
ok jayman thx, i"ll try it. what"s the difference? is it more mg per pill. i see some people were cutting the does into 1/4"s or something.

yes cut into quarters with a pill cutter you buy at a pharmacy for like 5 bucks. makes it much easier and ensures that you get a clean cut each time.