Propecia And Hormone Therapy Study Related To Propecia?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Does not sound great for propecia that it might increase risk of dementia and Alzheimers. The evidence seems to be accumulating that ADT or drugs like propecia are not great for you, but ill be damned if it doesnt work great at male pattern baldness. Such a shame. Anyways this is a recent study in the news about bad things with propecia.
Does not sound like inhibiting DHT is a good thing

https://www.businessinsider.com/pro...tment-linked-alzheimer-higher-risk-adt-2019-7

abcdefg

Reaction score

man it really really sucks. Because as someone who is been on finasteride for 5 months now I can tell you this stuff works amazingly well. Nothing else like it I see tons of tiny hairs regrowing. Used minoxidil for 6 months crap did nothing. Not even comparable, but anyone arguing finasteride has no sides is delusional. I have noticed multiple weird things that are absolutely from the drug, but many of them are subtle and dont show up all the time.
The stuff is clearly dangerous though long term to be taking. Where is the topical replacement?
Without a replacement I dont know if I can sit here and watch all my hair die off if a drug can actively keep it and regrow it even if it has dangerous sides.

Last edited:

abcdefg

Reaction score
There a lot of pharmacies, transplant clinics and Minoxidilmax who are selling topical finasteride but as the studies state it goes systemic anyways, the only difference is that it does not inhibit 70% of DHT it only inhibits 20% of it, at least from what they say... That means that you will get sides anyways and percentages of getting all those mentioned above and in all the studies, but maybe with a lower chance of it... That's what i wonder also anyways how the f*** they did not make until now a topical solution that does not go systemic, i guess we will have to wait for Breezula !

Yeah I just dont feel the evidence is compelling enough yet to switch to topical, and its still much easier and cheaper to get the oral instead.
Yes, I decided to finally try finasteride because I figured in 2 or 3 years we will have breezula and I can stop taking this drug. Its not great for you aint no doubt about it, but it does work. A few years of it probably wont make a huge difference on your life long term.

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont normally agree with Peterson but he is right, finasterdie sales mean nothing to Merck, it wouldnt be in their top ten products these days, when you have keytruda making billions in 3 months. Revenue was 42 billion in 2018, finasteride prob took in 100-200million, its a drop in the ocean for them.

Last edited:

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, that makes dealing with PFS incredibly harder for me. It's one thing to try and get by just telling yourself the sides will subside eventually or that science and medicine are on the cusp of figuring out a solution. But to think it is practically irreversible is just terrifying.
And maybe I'd understand if this was what I got for like years of ignoring sides but damn - it wasn't even a month I was on the thing.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just dont feel the evidence is compelling enough yet to switch to topical, and its still much easier and cheaper to get the oral instead.
Yes, I decided to finally try finasteride because I figured in 2 or 3 years we will have breezula and I can stop taking this drug. Its not great for you aint no doubt about it, but it does work. A few years of it probably wont make a huge difference on your life long term.
You are on the same page than me. Been on finas for 2 years and it's working wonders and no sides that I know of, but I come in this forum almost everyday hoping there's something new that makes me go off this drug in no more than 2 years time. For the moment, as I started microneedling 6 months ago, I switched to EOD finasteride

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started back on finasteride after being off it for 2 years, getting my transplant next week and hoping to come off finasteride in 2 years when hopefully breezula will be out, i f i dont take finasteride im essentially fucked before any new treatment comes out. Got my hormones checked this time before i started finasteride and will monitor.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know and i understand you, the fact that you are aware of it and that you are not delusional and see it the way it is it's a good starting point... Nothing is impossible and everything starts with changing your mentality, with force... You control your brain, not the other way around, it's like the brain of a drug addict, your receptors are fucked because you kept them in this state for a long time and you have to reverse the process, it's all about molecules and receptors, it's all a f*****g chemical thing... You know what i do when i feel like the world is constraining me and can't take this sh*t society anymore ? I leave the internet for a while because i work a lot remote, mostly non-stop and book a trip for at least 3 days and disconnect from it all... I made a lot of random friends all over the world, through the internet also but in real life also, i visit a lot and enjoy life, talk to women even with the chance of getting rejected, i go swimming, i work out a lot, whatever the f*** makes me snap out of this state... You need to make your brain listen, he won't understand if you don't do nothing about it and just sit on forums and "cry" about it... Literally enjoy life the way it is, accept that this is the situation, do what you can and try to remain positive with all costs, no matter what others say or think... Pick up dermarolling, get on minoxidil, try finasteride if you are really that desperate and willing to risk permanent sides from it, i don't advise it but i also understand people who use it, in some way, but i understand, whatever you can and move on with your life staying as positive as you can... You deserve it like every other human being deserves it... And f*** social media, f*** instagram models, f*** the chads and f*** the incels, life goes on and nobody cares anyways, everything is passing, youth, beauty, we all are gonna end up some day in the same place and as i said, why not enjoy it until then... Maybe your not gonna get "Stacy" that the Chad next door will get but if you try hard enough maybe you will get something even better... Confidence and a positive and educated mind will achieve more than you will ever think... And yes, it's not easy, nothing good in this world is easy, there are some privileged people who get it easy yes, from money to women and so on but the rest have to earn it by different methods and it feels much rewarding anyways when you know that you gone through a lot of struggle and made it so far...

Don't let others life get you down, they are with nothing more special than you are, as you many times said it's a f*****g genetical lottery they don't have any merit in it, maybe just in maintaining it but that's kind of it... People are dumb and profit their conditions that they got without any merit ? Yes, they have done it from the start of time and will do it until it ends and there are a lot of shitty people on Earth but that's where the difference is and they can say what the f*** they want, except their looks and money they don't have sh*t, your more special and more smarter than them by far and that's whats supposed to motivate you achieving your real and true potential, that's how great people do great things, not by watching instagram all day and crying because other look the way they look and so on... Man up friend and smack yourself in the mirror after a good workout and say I CAN DO IT, I DESERVE IT and you really do i don't just say because i want to help because deep down inside i know it and you know it also that nobody will change you if you won't change yourself... The change comes from inside of each other and it always starts with you... Change yourself and everything around you will change also, from people to lifestyle, etc ... You can message me anytime if you want a friend or somebody to talk to and stay positive, better days will come on your alley also but you have to dream of them first, next to act about it and really want it, change that f*****g mentality and you will achieve things you never thought you will achieve, after a while you will say to yourself "f***, how much time i wasted, if i would have only believed in myself" !

I always had a desire to write and i wrote a lot in the last years, on the internet but not just and in some days when i am in the mood and relaxed after i wrote i was telling myself, f*** i am really good at this, but i got discouraged by a lot of people around me, by people on the internet that don't know sh*t about me, by people near me who were supposed to believe in me, i had also a bad period in life that changed me in ways i never thought it was possible and with all of that, out of nowhere i was contacted by a guy who saw some of my writings and he wants to make me a blog and finance me in writing on it, i could not believe my eyes when i saw and i still can't believe it, that's how people fucked up my confidence in me and the things i can do... Everything is possible mate you just have to want it real bad, believe in it and have patients and as Churchill said "If you're going through hell, keep going." You are gonna find the exist if you keep going that's for sure, everybody who wants it real bad does at some point, regardless of what they are going through! Of course like in any cases and situations there are the exceptions by different reasons but your not one of them!

I hope you appreciate me being sincere and understand that i don't have any interest in this and i usually don't let it all out on random internet forums but i really felt for you and you really seem like a smart guy and i was educated to help my brothers and sisters and i always did even if i got burned 10000000000000000 times for this, but it seems i never learned but in the same time i know that 10000000000 burn me and 1 understand so i hope you are that one ! Good luck and message me anytime if you want if you want somebody to talk too, i work a lot online and i will answer you when i can, if you feel the need of course !

Why do you write posts that long?

Reactions: br1

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Omfg, not you again lmao, mate mind your own business and treatments get on your tranny threads and leave normal people with their own problems... What the f*** do you own the forum or what, i write what the f*** i want and how long i want it... I can't express it all in 2 sentences and i'm sure and know that most of you incels can't read more than 2 lines but it's ok it was not addressed to you, i was answering a question and if it bothers you, you can always block me and move on, nobody makes you see it or accept it, that's why you have the block option !

*laughs in trannycel*

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 122939
View attachment 122940
Nobody should take advise from this obsessed psycho, especially not desperate kids that are loosing their hair at a very young age and that don't have people around the who can help them make a right or healthy decision for their future, this f*** won't care if something happens to them, he is just another retard on the internet, he advises you and after keeps spamming this forum from his mothers basement that he never leaves and where he will cut his balls soon... And it's nothing wrong to what he is doing to himself, that's because it's what he wants, but as i said encouraging others should get him insta perma banned from life, not just only from the internet !

You said you blocked him, just leave it at that and move on.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 122939
View attachment 122940
Nobody should take advise from this obsessed psycho, especially not desperate kids that are loosing their hair at a very young age and that don't have people around the who can help them make a right or healthy decision for their future, this f*** won't care if something happens to them, he is just another retard on the internet, he advises you and after keeps spamming this forum from his mothers basement that he never leaves and where he will cut his balls soon... And it's nothing wrong to what he is doing to himself, that's because it's what he wants, but as i said encouraging others should get him insta perma banned from life, not just only from the internet !

When have I encouraged anyone? I am just speaking on my personal experience, in which people don’t agree with my choice nonetheless.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i mean even though obsolutethinker is clearly disingenuous and based on what i know about people saying all this stuff for his own comfort not because he is concerned, its true, you really should see a therapist, that is simply not normal and highly neurotic body dysmorphic behavior. ow is it supposed to get better when you hang around here 24/7? it won't

I don't hang around here to feel sorry for myself, or to have pity, I like to conclude my results and information about the medications I am taking. Even if I wasn't on this website, I still wouldn't feel better! I would still be dealing with hair loss, and I would still be dealing with the negative consequences of hair loss. I rarely speak about the emotional side of hair loss, and when I do it's used against me so I should not even bother! However, I refuse to wallow in my own pit! Which is why I decided to put my foot down and start these medications, and eventually get an orchiectomy... It is definitely crazy, but I refuse to be beaten by the playing cards of life!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
everything you said is the reason why therapists exist

Why would I need a therapist? To stop me from getting an orchiectomy? You are possibly the biggest hypocrite on this website. Get yourself a therapist before telling anyone else that.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
because you are clearly in mental anguish. you want to get a job but can't because you don't like going out. hellooooooo

b**ch what? Who the heck wouldn’t if they were eighteen and had hair like that. Actually, I am dealing with the issue unlike you who is too busy wanting to be depressed about your hair. I am making the proper steps, I visited an endocrinologist who is working closely with me and a dermatologist. I REFUSE to be depressed anymore, which is a much better mindset than yours which is to stay depressed.

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man if a transplant is not an option, could you think about a hair system. They are top class theses days.

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score