Propecia and Facial Hair

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 27 but still can only grow a patchy beard....basivcally a goaty and not much else...if i start taking propecia, does
it mean that I will be much older (i.e. delay the amount of time) before I can do so?

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
Joe-1991 said:
It probably won't. I would worry more about what it does to your penis.

Completely uderstand why you say that because I've read what you have gone through but do you think it's only a small minority who have those issues?

cheers

Hair.worth.it

Reaction score
I took finasteride for 2 and a half years straight. I was 18 when I began and 20 when I dropped. My facial hair was progressively filling in before the pills usage. However, while on the drug and currently (5 months after quit) my beard is still patchy in some areas.

Genetics is not the reason for this, since every man on my family (both grandpas) have (or had) "alpha" beards. Looking at pictures from my father's graduation, he had quite a furry face.

I'm not sure if my hormones are all messed up to a irreversible situation. If that's so, then I should find ways to increase testosterone (including its free form), keep DHT at healthy levels and (if that's possible) get a higher distribution of androgen receptors (found along the face).