Propecia and excessive sweating?

Q

Reaction score
Howdy, I've been browsing the posts here for quite some time, and this is my first post. Here's the basics: I'm 23, NW3, receding hairline since age 16 (ouch!). Started on 1mg/day propecia 3 months ago, noticed watery semen 2 weeks into it. So, now I take 1mg every other day, and my love puddles are just fine. So far, the treatment isn't monumental, but it seems positive (less shedding, a little fuller, a few sprouts in my hairline).

Since I started takin finasteride, however, I've noticed that my armpits sweat profusely! I cut out the coffee, the stress, kept track of my diet...but my armpits still sweat excessively. I've tried several different antipersperants, and the stink cuts through even a thick layer after only 1-2 hours after application. Does anybody think this is related to propecia? I have a hunch that my hormonal balance is off, and that's the reason I'm sweating. Also, can anybody recommend a deodorant/antiperspirant that works well for my situation? Thanks to any and all!!!! This forum is great.

PS: I had really low confidence about my hairline until a friend made a comment. As we rode bikes, my long-ish hair didn't hide any of my receding. He said, "your hairline is intense. You look like an author." For some reason, he thought it looked distinguished, which was an instant boost in ego. Maybe that might help some people who are down about their domes.

petemitchell

Reaction score
I don't know if you're from the UK or not, but there's a VERY effective deodorant you can buy at Boots called 'Driclor'. I haven't needed it myself but a friend did and it worked wonders for him. It's a roll-on that you put on before going to bed three nights in a row....works immediately and you then only have to use it once a month I think.