Propecia and Body hair...Need answers from hairy guys

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
I got really hairy the same time my hair loss started, around 17, and my hair loss has been very aggressive too, 25 and NW4 diffused all over (like Jason Stathm). Guys in similar situtation as me...how was your experience with Propecia? how much decrease in body hair? how was the regrowth and any side effects?

Please do answer as this would clear up a lot for me. Thanks!

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
been on 3 months, nothing to report so far. sides? slight ball ache for a few days near the beginning.

if anything i'd say my body hair growth rate has slowed *slightly* but it's very hard to tell so i'm assuming there is no difference, for now.

beaner

Reaction score
My body hair is finer and shorter than it was pre-finasteride. I noticed this about 6 months ago, so that was about 6 months into it.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just started noticing now 6 months in
body hair growes much much slower im loving it -great improvement in life quality and overall appereance ,hair doing better, zero sides :D
guess i just had too much dht in me good to know its under control

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont have much body hair at all, and coincidentally I have lots of hair still like maybe a Norwood 1.5 still. I can say for sure though my hair started thinning out when I got more body hair and especially facial hair on my neck and facial hair got a lot thicker. I really do think body hair and hairloss are linked I dont doubt anymore that DHT and maybe testosterone are why we lose our hair. It really makes sense from what I have seen so far. I am on no treatment because my hairloss is so slow and higher testosterone from finasteride is not good for hairloss either. I mean 90 percent of men that are really hairy are high Norwood's I think that is pretty obvious. That is of course not always the case because we are all of different sensitivity to DHT, and these things change a lot. Just look at hairy big muscular guys. They tend to have worse hairloss then others. When I was 18 in high school I had very little facial hair and had very thick perfect teenage hairline. My hairloss has perfectly coincided with my facial hair increasingly slowly over the years.

It is just my opinion, but I also have a feeling lowering DHT will not stop or reverse body hair growth most of the time. My guess is you must use propecia before it happens. My average joe guess is if a teenager used dutasteride or propecia they would develope body hair as fast or thick as they would have normally. Other hormones could be involved though so DHT inhibitors are no guarantee thats what would happen just my guess. Some men do report less body hair growth though after starting finasteride.

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on propecia for nearly 4 years now and the only thing I have noticed is that I have not gotten any hairier. I mean I was expecting to be a beast like my father but I've had the same modest amount of chest hair for a long time. The weird thing is I have sort of vellus/peach fuzz all over my chest and stomach which I thought would grow out but it never has. I cant say that I am upset by this :wink: .

BTW--- my legs are still hairy as hell. No change there.