Propecia ain't all that...

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
The war isn't over but I'm getting my *** kicked at the moment. When I first started finasteride I thought I was the perfect candidate - young and diffusing slightly around the crown area. Five months later and I'm starting to lose hope of ever filling that patch in. All I need is a few hundred hairs back and my life would be a whole lot less complicated. I don't think I've lost much ground but finasteride definitely isn't the wonder drug I thought it would be. I don't know what the purpose of this post is... Anyway, I guess the next step is to get on topicals but I ain't ready for that yet - minoxidil is a daily commitment I don't think I could handle.

I know this has been asked a million times, but is anyone out there getting regrowth from finasteride (and Nizoral) alone?

Axl15

Reaction score
hey,

those 2 are the ideal options for myself and would like to know that answer too

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Just noticed Lorenzo seems to have had some good results from finasteride w/out minoxidil...but that's one dude out of many.

I think this just reiterates the point that you should start finasteride as soon as you notice the first signs of hair loss - don't dick around. finasteride can do a great job of maintaining but regrowth is something you really shouldn't expect...otherwise your just likely to get let down.

bald30

Reaction score
Yes I been looking for the same success in different forums for propecia and barely found any results. I took propecia for a year and wasted $1350.00 for nothing. I'm going to try rogaine next because it seems like people have more success on it.

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
just add minoxidil.. it isnt that hard to apply it even if only once a day and there are a lot of people here who got sucess with it alone.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont think anyone thinks propecia is all that. Its only all that in comparison to everything we have today to treat male pattern baldness which unfortunately sucks most of it. So propecia in comparison to the crappy stuff we have today is the best there is pretty much next to dutasteride.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You are not really going to get THAT much regrowth with finasteride only. Unless you are an exceptional responder but other than that maintenance is what you'll most likely get. Add rogaine FOAM it will boost your regimen and is easy as hell to apply.

badasshairday III

Established Member
Reaction score
Chill man.

You have only been on the pecia for 5 months. It took me at least until somwhere between 6-9 months to see that it was working. After the first whole year I knew the stuff was working well.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride is a great drug, the problem is the people that use it.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UK1 said:

Which is lot of people here. Your point being? The topic of finasteride has almost reached a religious fervor in here, but it definitely isn't all that. Although, if I were to decide to start finasteride today, I'd definitely give it a year before evaluating my progress. At least, that's what I would recommend.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
UK1 said:

Which is lot of people here. Your point being? The topic of finasteride has almost reached a religious fervor in here, but it definitely isn't all that. Although, if I were to decide to start finasteride today, I'd definitely give it a year before evaluating my progress. At least, that's what I would recommend.

My point is that it does exactly what the posts on this and other forums collectively explain, therefore it IS all that. Why is it the drugs fault if someone takes it upon themselves to label it a 'wonder drug'?

feenix101

Reaction score
5 months is still way too early to see satisfactory results. BUT i was looking through the HairLossTalk.com mainpage and found this before and after of propecia users: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/productrevi ... ciapix.htm
The best results are seen at 24 months, even the 6 months doesn't look like much, even the moderate improvement pic kinda looks like a decline at 6 months.

Pondle

Reaction score
Maybe we are all too blase about Propecia now. It might not regrow much hair, but it halts balding in the vast majority of men, and that was a tremendous breakthrough when the drug was first introduced. It's certainly saved my *** in the last couple of years.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think you miss the point about finasteride reaching a religious fervor. This is because in comparison to finasteride every other treatment sucks and is pretty much a waste of money. There simply is nothing out now proven that is even comparable to finasteride. There are tons of products that could work, so if you want to spend lots of money and time on products that might work go for it. I would prefer to get my money worth and so theres really only 2 options, and one is best for maintaining as we all know. Thats why finasteride is so highly touted.

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
5 months in and you're retaining... could be a lot, lot worse.

Every bloke on here would love a perfect hairline and thick hair that we used to have but it's better then being completely slap headed.